Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

I would assume that this is actually automatically in place, conflict of interest and all that? It happened all the time when we played teams in the lower tiers to which we loaned players.

I don't think it's automatic DB. I can recall seeing many on-loan players play against their mother clubs.

But I hadn't read the full thread and assumed wrongly that we were considering selling MOH to a Scottish club.

Edited by boabie

May is perhaps more suited to leading the line in a physical sense but technicallyhe's not so good so perhaps a bit too similar to Garner.

Unless Waghorn is leaving, I'd rather we got him back in the team and playing regularly. On his game I'd say he's better than the likes of May and there's no point in signing another striker as long as we have Garner, Waggy, Miller and Dodoo.

Rumour Aberdeen looking to get Stevie May (Preston) on loan. I know he's been spoken about before in regard to us but would he be worth pursuing this month?

Andy McLaren reporter for Evening Express.

EEAndyMcLaren

BREAKING: #Aberdeen close to agreeing a loan deal for #Preston’s former St Johnstone striker Stevie May: http://bit.ly/2jbkLHo #Dons

Rangers boss Mark Warburton admits he feels sympathy for out-of-favour Michael O'Halloran.

The former St Johnstone forward has struggled to make an impact since joining Gers for £500,000 last year.

And reports this week suggest Hearts are leading a pack of four Ladbrokes Premiership clubs looking to strike a short-term loan deal for the 26-year-old.

But Warburton insists he has yet to hear from the Jambos and confirmed O'Halloran is part of the Light Blues squad preparing for Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup clash with Motherwell at Ibrox.

However, he did concede the former Bolton man, who has made just five league starts this term, needs the chance to play after becoming frustrated by his lack of action.

He said: "I've read some bizarre stories that Michael is off to Hearts.

"I'm sure Ian Cathro would have called me (if he was interested). He, I'm sure, knew nothing about it and neither do I. "It is just one of many stories where players are linked with (moves), where players are going out. "Until the window closes, you are never sure.

"From our point of view, Michael is one of our players and will be involved on Saturday.

"Michael is one of many players who wants to play. He needs games. It's the life of a manager that players will be banging on the door if they don't get enough pitch time.

"I can understand their frustration. Players want to play. My job is to be honest with them, to keep communicating with them and work with them every day on the training pitch.

"Hopefully they get their chance and are in a position to take it."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15035098.Michael_O_Halloran_isn_t_heading_for_Hearts_but_I_understand_his_frustration__says_Rangers_boss_Mark_Warburton/