Rangers 2 Miller(52), Hodson(70). Aberdeen 1 Considine(90+4) Match discussion.

Interesting story about Ali & Castro, thanks for that but I have absolutely no idea what its doing in a match preview about a Rangers v Aberdeen game!

I completely agree that there should be much more respect between the fans than this apparent hatred. I have never bought into it myself, as Aberdeen have mainly been a total irrelevance as a rival in the last 25 years, and as much as I used to enjoy the trips to the Granite City when we felt safe to walk along Gordon St and go into the pubs/restaurants alongside the Dons fans, that has long since gone and we are now herded in like, eh, sheep into and away from their dilapidated old ground.

Our 25 years unbeaten home record against them has never been in more danger given the form of the two sides, so tomorrow brings a bigger question than the usual "can we bounce back from a terrible performance?" given that if we lose, we will be a point behind them AND played two games more, so effectively 7 points behind a team with a fraction of our resources.

As for a starting 11, we simply have to break up the worst centre half partnership I have ever seen at our club, it seems both players bring out the worst in each other. Perm any two from four, just not that two. There are calls to bring in Hodson (why do all our players who DONT play suddenly become great players?) and move Tav further forward, giving both some protection at full back and freedom for one of our more creative players, and it may be worth a try again as it seemed to work out ok in the cup semi, but was dropped when Hodson had one dodgy game (if only that happened with others!).

However our major problems have been a lack of goals. We simply must drop the useless Miller, who has returned 3 goals in 21 games this season. I dont know of any other club in football who, with other options available, continues to play someone so badly out of form and with such a shocking goals record for a number 9. The problem is the others have not exactly grabbed the shirt off him and demanded to be playing. We must try a Dodoo, Waghorn, Garner trio if for no other reason than its the one remaining untried system, given that MW refuses to alter his failed system from a sole central striker even though it looks like Garner and Dodoo would both be better with a partner (here's a thought - why not try them as a strike partnership?)

If a new manager were to come in tomorrow, we would play a twin strike force. MW should admit he has either bought the wrong players for his system, or admit that his system is not working and change it. Only a fool keeps repeating the same mistake and expect it to work simply by repeating the exercise.

Anyway, off to my Xmas do, so it will be a very long and enjoyable day on the lash, and perhaps a more placid spectator at Ibrox tomorrow.

You're starting now? I'm in the wrong job.

:drink:

Interesting story about Ali & Castro, thanks for that but I have absolutely no idea what its doing in a match preview about a Rangers v Aberdeen game!

I completely agree that there should be much more respect between the fans than this apparent hatred. I have never bought into it myself, as Aberdeen have mainly been a total irrelevance as a rival in the last 25 years, and as much as I used to enjoy the trips to the Granite City when we felt safe to walk along Gordon St and go into the pubs/restaurants alongside the Dons fans, that has long since gone and we are now herded in like, eh, sheep into and away from their dilapidated old ground.

Our 25 years unbeaten home record against them has never been in more danger given the form of the two sides, so tomorrow brings a bigger question than the usual "can we bounce back from a terrible performance?" given that if we lose, we will be a point behind them AND played two games more, so effectively 7 points behind a team with a fraction of our resources.

As for a starting 11, we simply have to break up the worst centre half partnership I have ever seen at our club, it seems both players bring out the worst in each other. Perm any two from four, just not that two. There are calls to bring in Hodson (why do all our players who DONT play suddenly become great players?) and move Tav further forward, giving both some protection at full back and freedom for one of our more creative players, and it may be worth a try again as it seemed to work out ok in the cup semi, but was dropped when Hodson had one dodgy game (if only that happened with others!).

However our major problems have been a lack of goals. We simply must drop the useless Miller, who has returned 3 goals in 21 games this season. I dont know of any other club in football who, with other options available, continues to play someone so badly out of form and with such a shocking goals record for a number 9. The problem is the others have not exactly grabbed the shirt off him and demanded to be playing. We must try a Dodoo, Waghorn, Garner trio if for no other reason than its the one remaining untried system, given that MW refuses to alter his failed system from a sole central striker even though it looks like Garner and Dodoo would both be better with a partner (here's a thought - why not try them as a strike partnership?)

If a new manager were to come in tomorrow, we would play a twin strike force. MW should admit he has either bought the wrong players for his system, or admit that his system is not working and change it. Only a fool keeps repeating the same mistake and expect it to work simply by repeating the exercise.

Anyway, off to my Xmas do, so it will be a very long and enjoyable day on the lash, and perhaps a more placid spectator at Ibrox tomorrow.

Or even more grumpy than normal with a hangover.:seal:

TB is off on the lash, I'm off to the fu****g dentist.....lol. I too, will be subdued tomorrow, for entirely different reasons though!

Nice peice of writing re Fidel and Ali. Imo Cuba is a beautiful island with a huge heart and soul,and whatever some may think of Castro, possibly not without merit, he leaves a huge legacy, one that will never be forgotten and will be documented for the rest of human history.

On the subject of the other "reds" lets get in about them. I can accept getting beat, fair enough, what I won't accept is a gutless and spineless performance. Let's leave these sheep pimping brothel hustlers with stud marks they won't forget!.

I wonder how BBC Scotland will handle this game?

Big Rheinhart usually employs the, "because of the on going situation between the club and BBC Scotland" line, to inform all those Rangers supporting(and that day's opposition's supporters) license fee payers to expect minimal information. ie You will receive the teams, a half time score, and full time score. Their open all mikes does not apply to Ibrox. No microphone at the Stadium, unless of course there is a hint of sectarian chanting. Then, all mikes at Pacific Quay are pointed towards the ground, in a sinister imitation of Jodrell Bank.

Now, Big AmDram Quine, Richard Gordon is a huge Dandy Don, Liam McLeoad similar, then there's Wullie Miller, Geoff Webster, Charlie Mann, ..etc They will be desperate to know how the game's going They have someone they contact inside the stadium because Rheinhart's comment on the last minute Forrest winner against Dundee, "oh, an injury time header in a near empty ground has given Rangers the lead", let that cat out of the bag. Further, Richard was unequivocating on Dodoo's goal on Wednesday, "Clearly, Forrester moved deliberately in front of the Hearts keeper". My favourite quote from the Rangers hater came a dozen years past reference the Simpson/Durrant assault, "people forget there were two victims in that challenge, Neil Simpson suffered terribly".

I suspect if Aberdeen break the 25 year Ibrox hoodoo, there will be a Derek McInnes interview and a full match report(from off the wires). Are Aberdeen supporting lincense fee payers more equal than others? We should be told.