Rangers 2 Miller(52), Hodson(70). Aberdeen 1 Considine(90+4) Match discussion.

FAST FACTS

Rangers are defending a 38-match undefeated streak in league games against Aberdeen at Ibrox since losing 2-0 in September 1991. 29 of these matches have been victories with nine games drawn. Rangers have scored 83 goals and conceded 19 in this spell.

Jimmy Smith and Ally McCoist are joint top scorers for Rangers in league matches against the Dons with 11 goals each. Of the current squad Kenny Miller has netted six league goals in matches with Aberdeen.

Only seven Rangers players have scored league hat-tricks in this fixture. Kris Boyd was the most recent in March 2007 with others coming from RG Campbell, Jimmy Fleming, Max Murray, Jonatan Johansson and, most famously Paul Gascoigne, whose treble secured 8 in a Row. James Fiddes is the only Gers player who has managed four goals in these games.

Billy Dodds can claim to be the most recent player to have scored for both sides in this fixture. He netted five league goals for Aberdeen and once for Rangers between 1994 and 2000, although Richard Foster also has a claim to this feat, albeit both his goals coming as an Aberdeen player, an own goal in 2009 to give Rangers a 2-1 win at Ibrox and a consolation strike for the Dons in a 2-1 defeat at Pittodrie in 2011

Draws feature heavily in matches between Rangers and Aberdeen with the most frequent scoreline over the years being 1-1 which has occurred no fewer than 31 times with 0-0 following closely behind on 27 occasions. 2-0 and 2-1 victories for Rangers have both happened 23 times.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/opposition-focus-aberdeen-2/

Edited by ian1964

Ibrox will not be a happy place if we lose tomorrow.

The players have to be ready for a battle.

And our manager really does need to put some really serious thought into his team selection, formation & tactics for tomorrow.

Wednesday didn't work. It failed badly. No point in trying the same again & hoping it'll be alright on the night tomorrow.

Changes are imperative. Let's not get outnumbered in MF again for starters

Edited by RANGERRAB

Big game today. The players owe the fans a performance.

Good preview. Considering I went to school in Aberdeen I know the hatred is vile. I remember being spat on and kicked as a 15 year old coming out of Pittodrie after Rangers won there by grown ups...mind you I was giving it the full Gers songs in the wrong end if you like - A lot of Gers fans used to sit in Section F of the main stand.

I would like to see this but no chance MW will pick it:

Foderingham

Hodson Senderos Hill Wallace

Halliday

Waghorn Forrester Windass O'Hallaran

Miller

I was talking to an Aberdeen supporting mate in work. He follows them home and away, and they are not at all confident about tomorrow. He had even watched the Hearts game and still thought Rangers were favourites. 2-0 was his prediction - and I'll emphasise he is as bitter a dons fan as they come. Must say I found that surprising.

Neither side is in sparkling form but our team must be out to prove that they're far better than they showed midweek. And I'm hoping the fans get right behind the team and don't start getting on top of them for early loose passes.

I'm really looking forward to it. Come on the Gers!

First and foremost we need to be solid in defence. So Hodson must come in for Tavernier and if Hill is fit he should replace Wilson. Tavernier has cost us three goals in two games, so his time is up. I don't like Kiernan but fact is Kiernan and Hill have been our best combination at CB, it's a critical game, so they have to play.

I wish I thought there was a chance of us going 4-4-2. If there was then I would opt for Garner and Dodoo up top. Dodoo is the only player who's had the ball in the net for us in the past two games (and made the other goal for Forrester v Thistle), so he's made or scored all our goals in the last three games and surely he has to start, but not as a loan Ranger up front. It's worth noting that if the "goal" at Tynecastle had counted he'd be joint top scorer in the League alongside Halliday, Garner, Miller and Forrester with a massive 3 goals.

(When was the last time at this stage that we had barely amassed a goal a game in the League? Hearts have scored 10 more than us for the loss of only one more; Aberdeen 3 more and 4 less. I won't mention......).

If it's goals that count then Forrester should start as well and that criteria would let Halliday in, much as his performances don't merit him a place, who else do we have?

IF we are going for a win and it's 4-3-3 then Holt, Halliday & Forrester might be the best MF (and IMO, MF is Forrester's best position, he's not a winger); leaving Dodoo (not a winger either), Garner and McKay/Miller as the front three.

If per chance we go to 4-4-2 then the only other midfielder available is Crooks at the possible expense of McKay/Miller up front.

Most likely Plan A again so:

Foderingham;

Hodson, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace;

Holt, Halliday, Forrester;

Dodoo, Garner, Miller or McKay.

But I think that MW will play Crooks & Miller, which means that either Dodoo or Forrester won't start.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
added Dodoo made the other goal for Forrester v Thistle

Big game today. The players owe the fans a performance.

Good preview. Considering I went to school in Aberdeen I know the hatred is vile. I remember being spat on and kicked as a 15 year old coming out of Pittodrie after Rangers won there by grown ups...mind you I was giving it the full Gers songs in the wrong end if you like - A lot of Gers fans used to sit in Section F of the main stand.

I would like to see this but no chance MW will pick it:

Foderingham

Hodson Senderos Hill Wallace

Halliday

Waghorn Forrester Windass O'Hallaran

Miller

Windass is still injured mate.

First and foremost we need to be solid in defence. So Hodson must come in for Tavernier and if Hill is fit he should replace Wilson. Tavernier has cost us three goals in two games, so his time is up. I don't like Kiernan but fact is Kiernan and Hill have been our best combination at CB, it's a critical game, so they have to play.

I wish I thought there was a chance of us going 4-4-2. If there was then I would opt for Graner and Dodoo up top. Dodoo is the only player who's had the ball in the net for us in the past two games, so surely he has to start, but not as a loan Ranger up front. It's worth noting that if the "goal" at Tynecastle had counted he'd be joint top scorer in the League alongside Halliday, Garner, Miller and Forrester with a massive 3 goals.

(When was the last time at this stage that we had barely amassed a goal a game in the League? Hearts have scored 10 more than us for the loss of only one more; Aberdeen 3 more and 4 less. I won't mention......).

If it's goals that count then Forrester should start as well and that would let Halliday in, much as his performances don't merit him a place, who else do we have?

IF we are going for a win and it's 4-3-3 then Holt, Halliday & Forrester might be the best MF (and IMO, MF is Forrester's best position, he's not a winger); leaving Dodoo (not a winger either), Garner and McKay/Miller as the front three.

If per chance we go to 4-4-2 then the only other midfielder available is Crooks at the possible expense of McKay/Miller up front.

Most likely Plan A again so:

Foderingham;

Hodson, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace;

Holt, Halliday, Forrester;

Dodoo, Garner, Miller or McKay.

But I think that MW will play Crooks & Miller, which means that either Dodoo or Forrester won't start.

The problem as I see it with any team we pick and we can flood the midfield, is that none of them can tackle. We are powder puff in that department and it needs seen to in January as much as going forward.