Rangers 2 Miller(52), Hodson(70). Aberdeen 1 Considine(90+4) Match discussion.

He might pay Hodson at the back and Taverner in midfield. Everyone always seems to pick Halliday in their line up but I can't see why, as he has been honking of late. If anyone ever needed a break it is him.

I'd give Tavernier* and Miller a rest from the starting line up. Unless, as some have suggested, we try Miller in a more central, creative role, maybe resting Holt. Their movement is pretty similar, only that Holt also tackles back. Might enable Miller to support the main striker better. We do need people willing to try and shoot from all angles, so I'd go with Forrester, Dodoo as well as Waghorn (who will be yearning for a start and claim a starting slot back).

Foderingham

Hodson - Kiernan/Hill - Wilson - Wallace

Halliday

Miller - Forrester

Waghorn - Garner - Dodoo

Hodson can work the right wing, with us switching to three at the back, pending which fullback goes forward. Halliday the holding player, Miller and Forrester the creative force in midfield.

*Had a howler during the last Dons game, and a couple on Wednesday.

Edited by der Berliner

The problem as I see it with any team we pick and we can flood the midfield, is that none of them can tackle. We are powder puff in that department and it needs seen to in January as much as going forward.

Yep, Barton (or at least a fully fit Barton) is a huge miss in that department because he could both win the ball AND had a great range of passing. Rossiter is a young version but sadly also hors de combat.

He might pay Hodson at the back and Taverner in midfield. Everyone always seems to pick Halliday in their line up but I can't see why, as he has been honking of late. If anyone ever needed a break it is him.

Agreed Steve but who else in the holding role??

He might well do that, though Tavernier is no more a MF player than a defender; but I bet you if he does Halliday will still play. It's conceivable he would go to a four with Tavernier, Halliday, Holt and Crooks or just Tavernier Halliday and Holt.

I'd give Tavernier* and Miller a rest from the starting line up. Unless, as some have suggested, we try Miller in a more central, creative role, maybe resting Holt. Their movement is pretty similar, only that Holt also tackles back. Might enable Miller to support the main striker better. We do need people willing to try and shoot from all angles, so I'd go with Forrester, Dodoo as well as Waghorn (who will be yearning for a start and claim a starting slot back).

Foderingham

Halliday

Miller - Forrester

Waghorn - Garner - Dodoo

Hodson can work the right wing, with us switching to three at the back, pending which fullback goes forward. Halliday the holding player, Miller and Forrester the creative force in midfield.

This will infuriate at least one person I can think of but Miller is joint top goalscorer in the League. I have advocated him as a deep lying CF for some time; he has the football brain to play in the centre circle as a stand in CMF player till we get someone to replace Kranjcar. That might sound contradictory but he would still get forward as well; he must be one of our fittest players.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Foderingham

Halliday

Miller - Forrester

Waghorn - Garner - Dodoo

one midfielder? whose form is currently woeful?

one midfielder? whose form is currently woeful?

You mean Halliday? Dunno how woeful he was against Hearts, but we have little alternative for holding midfield. The reports I got about Crooks weren't encouraging enough to have him in there, so rather Holt?