Rangers 2 ( Kiernan, McKay) v Hearts 0 post-match discussion

Superb today. All over the park and the fans were fantastic as well. Was buzzing walking out of Ibrox.

2 centre halves were excellent today and they should keep their place for Friday. Hill has been excellent but let's see if we can get some confidence into these two.

Halliday and Holt ran the midfield and I agree with earlier, Halliday takes a doing every game with little protection

Barrie McKay was sublime today. The boys young and for me on his day is up there with the best in Scottish football. Warbs should sneak a 20 million pound price tag on him in the press. It's what they do and it works. When he's interested he's a delight to watch. Warbs done well taking him off to an ovation. He could find James Forrests neck with a pass.

Garner was excellent again and had Waggy not been so greedy he might've got his rewards.

The save from Wes at 0-0 was unreal. That's the type of saves that change games. We go a goal behind and I still fancy us to come back with that performance but you never know. Anyways, a happy bear today. Same again for the rest of the month please

Superb today. All over the park and the fans were fantastic as well. Was buzzing walking out of Ibrox.

2 centre halves were excellent today and they should keep their place for Friday. Hill has been excellent but let's see if we can get some confidence into these two.

Halliday and Holt ran the midfield and I agree with earlier, Halliday takes a doing every game with little protection

Barrie McKay was sublime today. The boys young and for me on his day is up there with the best in Scottish football. Warbs should sneak a 20 million pound price tag on him in the press. It's what they do and it works. When he's interested he's a delight to watch. Warbs done well taking him off to an ovation. He could find James Forrests neck with a pass.

Garner was excellent again and had Waggy not been so greedy he might've got his rewards.

The save from Wes at 0-0 was unreal. That's the type of saves that change games. We go a goal behind and I still fancy us to come back with that performance but you never know. Anyways, a happy bear today. Same again for the rest of the month please

Great post and I agree 100%.

I had just about given up on Wilson,but today he was excellent,along with Keirnan,it's about time Wilson played like that and if he can continue that form he will be ok,he is young but also experienced and really should be playing like that most games.

Edited by ian1964

Work rate in the last two games since the capitulation at Tynecastle has been phenomenal.

Wilson's best game since he came back to Ibrox.

Keirnan's best game in a Rangers shirt.

Garner, how centre half's must hate playing against him.

McKay doing again what we all know he can but hasn't of late.

Tavernier if he put half the effort he put in today we wouldn't have lost at Tynecastle the other week.

Holt just doesn't stand still always available all over the park, more like the Holt we saw last season.

Not forgetting Warburton who has shown to be more flexible than many thought.

Edited by forlanssister
Shite spelling

If we can go to Hamilton and come away with a good result at a ground that's always difficult for any visitor I will begin to believe the roll has truly begun and we will start to motor away from those behind us. Hit the Winter break sitting in second with a comfortable gap below us then strengthen in that transfer window and we're set for the season after a patchy beginning.

The signs were always there that this would come but it has been a frustrating time right from the disappointment of a draw with Hamilton on the opening day.

A next-to-HD highlights video from the SPFL and they show their offside goal in slow-mo - and stop it (roundabout 54 secs in) at the exact point (for reasons you can only guess). From it, Wallace is on line with their scorer ...

I have cut out the portion in question and reduced the speed to 15% of normal. Especially so if you go full screen the slow speed makes it easy to pause then restart at significant points and I think you're right. I think Wallace is just barely playing him on at the split second the ball is struck to be passed to the scorer.

But in saying that no ref or linesman has the ability to slow it down to 15% and freeze frame to examine it. It's a very difficult call. If they did have that ability then the sheep wouldn't have got the foul that gave them their winning goal at pittodrie and we would be even further ahead of them. At the end of the day we totally outplayed hearts and it should have been more goals. Here is the clip.

[video=youtube;038OR--MYgM]

The bit everyone is missing , is Cowie left the field of play then re entered without permission .

However, if the referee considers that he (an offside positioned player) has left the field of play for tactical reasons and has gained an unfair advantage by re-entering the field of play, the player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour. The player needs to ask for the referee's permission to re-enter the field of play

end quote

Edited by rbr

I think we would still have won just as comfortably even if the goal had stood. They can scream all they like about it but they were played off the park and this incident had no bearing on that. We're back and they just need to get used to the fact that knocks them down the pecking order. They had their happy day at tynecastle 10 days earlier and should be content with that.

Nobody has beaten us at Ibrox in over a year and it baffles me why they think they could when they couldn't beat either Ross County or Hamilton away recently. I think their fans were deceived into believing they were comparable with Rangers due to that season in the Championship. Completely forgetting they had just dropped down from the SPL with an SPL team basically intact and we had just come up from league one and were rebuilding. They will never compete with us like that again.

Consistency is the key, Hearts and Aberdeen don't have it.

If we keep getting the results second place will be a doddle.

To be fair consistency has been somewhat of an issue for us as well but I still think we will ultimately leave those two far behind us. And I wouldn't say the greatest issue for the sheep and hearts is consistency it's more like they're just not very good while being just good enough to contest 3rd and 4th. If they were any good at all they would have been far ahead of us right now after all our troubles in trying to get this team clicking.

We were vastly under performing and yet they still couldn't shake us off while they were about as good as they're going to get. We appear to have turned the corner at last and given the way hearts were effectively trampled underfoot yesterday they should be fearing their next visit to the lions den even more because by that time we will be even stronger and likely with new January window additions.

We already have better players sitting on the bench then either of those two have in their first 11.

To be fair consistency has been somewhat of an issue for us as well but I still think we will ultimately leave those two far behind us. And I wouldn't say the greatest issue for the sheep and hearts is consistency it's more like they're just not very good while being just good enough to contest 3rd and 4th. If they were any good at all they would have been far ahead of us right now after all our troubles in trying to get this team clicking.

We were vastly under performing and yet they still couldn't shake us off while they were about as good as they're going to get. We appear to have turned the corner at last and given the way hearts were effectively trampled underfoot yesterday they should be fearing their next visit to the lions den even more because by that time we will be even stronger and likely with new January window additions.

We already have better players sitting on the bench then either of those two have in their first 11.

Consistency comes with better players, others may win Cups now and again, but Rangers (it's coming) and celtic win Leagues.