Rangers 2 ( Kiernan, McKay) v Hearts 0 post-match discussion

The bit everyone is missing , is Cowie left the field of play then re entered without permission .

However, if the referee considers that he (an offside positioned player) has left the field of play for tactical reasons and has gained an unfair advantage by re-entering the field of play, the player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour. The player needs to ask for the referee's permission to re-enter the field of play

end quote

A section from Law 11

An attacking player may step or stay off the field of play not to be involved in active play. If the player re-enters from the goal line and becomes involved in play before the next stoppage in play, or the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside their penalty area, the player shall be considered to be positioned on the goal line for the purposes of offside.

I thought Kiernan was good today. He's quite frustrating though: at times he can be brilliant, blocking, intercepting passes and can be physical in the air; then at other times he can look distinctly average, almost amateur. Consistency is key for him. If he can add it to his game we have a good player. I think that can be applied to the squad as a whole.

I thought Kiernan was good today. He's quite frustrating though: at times he can be brilliant, blocking, intercepting passes and can be physical in the air; then at other times he can look distinctly average, almost amateur. Consistency is key for him. If he can add it to his game we have a good player. I think that can be applied to the squad as a whole.

That's what I think about nearly all of our players. Rob, Waghorn, Tav et al all lack consistency, confidence and belief. If we can make them feel 10ft tall then they'll be better players.

McKay is our game changer, some of his passing is sublime he takes us to a different level.

If Waghorn stays I would like to see him on from the start, probably in place of Miller.

Just a wee word for Holt, what an engine the lad has, all over the park for 90 minutes.

Edited by chilledbear

Yes agree. I think he must have read my preview calling him Clarence because he has been excellent since.:seal:

Wilson was also excellent yesterday and his long balls into space pushed hearts back time and again. Best performance of the season. We look another team from the beginning of the season where we looked like we were a rabbit caught in the headlights. All of a sudden we are hunting in packs again closing down opponents quickly. Night and day turn around. Hopefully we can keep this level of performance up. I doubt we can catch Celtic, although nothing is impossible, but beating them on Hogmany would give us a massive boost to a European place.

The bit everyone is missing , is Cowie left the field of play then re entered without permission .

However, if the referee considers that he (an offside positioned player) has left the field of play for tactical reasons and has gained an unfair advantage by re-entering the field of play, the player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour. The player needs to ask for the referee's permission to re-enter the field of play

end quote

did we lose a goal against Borussia Dortmund like that ?

Well i was certainly sent home happy, a two hour car journey home with three other Bears, all we wanted to do was talk about the game. About an hour and a half in to the drive i finally heard the first snore coming from the back, that's a first, big Papa bears in the back are usually zzzzzzzzzzzz when we hit the M8 .

The team has found a new dimension to their game,i'm calling it the Warburton's plan A+ '' get stuck in''