Rangers 2 ( Kiernan, McKay) v Hearts 0 post-match discussion

Absolutely delighted with that performance. I felt positive about this game after our performance against the sheep, and the team didn't let us down.

I wouldn't have Hodson out of the starting 11 now. The defence is much more solid with him in there. I'm not sure squeezing Tavernier into central midfield worked though. Surely a natural CM such as Crooks would've worked better there?

Highlights for me were Barrie (best man on the pitch), Holt, Kiernan and Garner. Good management by Warbs to take Garner off towards the end. He'd have known Garner would receive a great reaction from the fans, which can only boost his confidence.

All in all a great afternoons work.

Just a small point re their goal , Don Cowie actually went off the field of play then came back on and stood in an offside position , correct call though it took them ages to sort out .

Waghorn could and should have set up Garner for a hat trick , his finishing was terrible and I honestly think he will go in January if some one comes in for him .

Pete - good shout in the OP with Tav in midfield. The only possible issue with that is we are playing all of our 3 full backs and if one of them picks up an injury or suspension we are down to the bare bones.

Can someone confirm if we played 4-1-4-1?

But 4 wins out of 5 has given us some momentum now to keep widening the gap between third. Two good wins against our nearest rivals in the league, and its a must to continue this now and show these two wins weren't just about revenge.

That was a commanding performance by us today. It was difficult to pick a MOM but it would be wee Barrie for me. He was back to his best today and gave us the out ball which in a stroke put us from defence to attack and really took the pressure of the back four. He grew in stature as the game went on. The effect on Wallace was marked too. He was running freely and linking up more than in any other game this season. Garner was also outstanding. Some of his headed layoffs were perfection and caused hearts problems all afternoon.