From the outset it was clear Garner would offer something different in terms of a physical focal point.

I've not seen an ovation like that at Ibrox for a long time when he was taken off the other day and I was delighted for the lad as he worked incredibly hard for the team and didn't give the Hearts defence a minute's peace. This enabled us to retain possession quickly and obtain a foothold in the final third.

However, Joe will have to add goals as well. In that sense he's been a wee bit unlucky and I hope that changes as his work-rate deserves it.

I cannot wait to see him against the vermin, hopefully he'll do a job against the Lego muncher, well at least better than Barton did.

Barton ran himself into the ground that day. A lot of his fellow Gers on the park simply weren't at it though and that was 11 against 11, where we probably lost 9 out 11. I'm still under the impression that the words said by Barton thereafter were rather clear and too much for some to bear.

Anyway, as Tom Miller said, you love to have Garner in your side and would hate it if he was playing against you. I very much expect a media hatchet job on him long before the season runs out. It is all about how we start gelling as a team and during the last two it looked like we have finaly found a decent recipe.

Still, games against Hamilton, ICT, St. Johnstone et al will be much different than games against Hearts, Aberdeen and the Yahoos, as these teams actually want to play football, rather than stop us from stringing two passes together.

Barton ran himself into the ground that day. A lot of his fellow Gers on the park simply weren't at it though and that was 11 against 11, where we probably lost 9 out 11. I'm still under the impression that the words said by Barton thereafter were rather clear and too much for some to bear.

Anyway, as Tom Miller said, you love to have Garner in your side and would hate it if he was playing against you. I very much expect a media hatchet job on him long before the season runs out. It is all about how we start gelling as a team and during the last two it looked like we have finaly found a decent recipe.

Still, games against Hamilton, ICT, St. Johnstone et al will be much different than games against Hearts, Aberdeen and the Yahoos, as these teams actually want to play football, rather than stop us from stringing two passes together.

The whole team was poor that day, but Barton was supposed to be a level above, or so he told us. Yes he ran around, trouble was he was suppose to be winning the ball for us and spreading it around, not just running aimlessly around. He wasn't the only one playing bad, as i've said but i don't think the support is in the wrong for hoping for better things from Barton.