Is this a positive or negative post about him?

Positive. He got awarded MOTM in a game, and he played OK in a few other games. He was pushed up to become an attacking midfielder to make way for Rossiter in a couple of games, and he wasn't really suited to that role any more (how would the likes of Hemdani, for example, get on as an attacking midfielder?)

I'm not saying he was brilliant or didn't have some bad games, but I'm not convinced he deserves all the criticism for his performances. He certainly wasn't a class above (depending on your definition - MOTM could be said to be that)but there were signs in some games that he could recapture his form of last season, particularly earlier on.

Edited by Bluedell

Positive. He got awarded MOTM in a game, and he played OK in a few other games. He was pushed up to become an attacking midfielder to make way for Rossiter in a couple of games, and he wasn't really suited to that role any more (how would the likes of Hemdani, for example, get on as an attacking midfielder?)

I'm not saying he was brilliant or didn't have some bad games, but I'm not convinced he deserves all the criticism for his performances. He certainly wasn't a class above (depending on your definition - MOTM could be said to be that)but there were signs in some games that he could recapture his form of last season, particularly earlier on.

I agree totally with you but I was not sure if you were being Sarcastic or not. Joey Barton did not deserve all the criticism he got in my eyes. I also think Rangers treated him very poorly. He should have had a set ban and not one made up as we went along. I can only imagine Warburton wanted an apology and Barton was not prepared to give it. I can think of no other reason for such a modus operandi.

I agree totally with you but I was not sure if you were being Sarcastic or not. Joey Barton did not deserve all the criticism he got in my eyes. I also think Rangers treated him very poorly. He should have had a set ban and not one made up as we went along. I can only imagine Warburton wanted an apology and Barton was not prepared to give it. I can think of no other reason for such a modus operandi.

I don't think there's much imagination required Pete. About 5 minutes after being sent home he was on twitter sniggering about it.

Imo he determined the length of rope needed to hang himself.

I think Garner has been very unlucky on many occasions where if the oft mentioned 'fine margins' had gone in his favour his goal tally would already look more respectable. As an example he has hit woodwork on multiple occasions and had shots cleared off the goal line etc. All things being equal it has to start happening for him sooner or later.

The harder any sportsman works produces improvement, they won't be successful without it regardless of what talent they have, so fingers crossed for him to start hitting the back of the net.

He got a standing ovation for his hard work, but I believe that is the least we should expect from every player.