GLAD All Over crooner Dave Clark said Rangers fans had given him the perfect Christmas present by putting his tune at the top of the charts.

The Dave Clark Five frontman, 74, said he was stunned to hear Gers supporters had pushed the 1960s anthem to No1 on the iTunes chart as a tribute to striker Joe Garner, 28.

Glad All Over crooner Dave Clark thanked Rangers fans for the 1960s anthem to No1

And he revealed it’s the first time he’s topped the charts since the song first toppled The Beatles in 1964.

He told The Scottish Sun: “Rangers fans have made me glad all over. It’s the perfect Christmas present.

“I never thought I’d reach the top of the charts again. I was stunned when I heard.

“I’m a big Tottenham Hotspur fan and love football, so it’s great to hear football fans have got behind me like this.”

The song currently sits above the likes of Little Mix and Clean Bandit

We told yesterday how Light Blues supporters have been belting out the track at Ibrox in tribute to new striker Garner.

And a fan-led social media campaign has helped the Gers tune rise to the top of the iTunes 100 chart ahead of Little Mix.

Craig Houston, spokesman for fan group Club 1872, said yesterday: “I’m sure Dave Clark will be toasting fans when the royalties start rolling in.”