Three Points Santa Please! Rangers V Inverness Preview

Just to open a discussion I saw on FF. Hill was probably one of the best players on the park but does anyone think we missed the play out from the back of Wilson. Wilson's passing from the back was a great get out over the past three games. The other thing I want to ask myself is , What the hell is Andy Halliday doing trying to dribble out of defence, After his blooper last week he got caught twice today trying to dribble out of defence. It would seem he has a dose of Messi-itis.

I would take Hill over Wilson every time. Defenders need to be able to defend first and foremost, and DW's defending over the last 18 months has been pretty dreadful. The Hill -Kiernan partnership looks a much better fit and I no longer hide behind my fingers at every cross into our box.

Halliday needs dropped, pure and simple. Dreadful run of form for him. Perhaps a few weeks out can sort him out like it seems to have done for McKay & Waghorn.

Hallidays position is the one we need to strengthen most in January. He was awful today. Why is he dribbling out from the back after last week? I suppose it's progress from the start of the season where that game would've been a draw. Wes and Clint were excellent! Garner was non existent today. Barrie looked uninterested! Hopefully it's a blip because our winning run will come to an end midweek with that level of performance.

Maybe I'm being harsh because I'm nightshift xmas eve though [emoji34]

I would take Hill over Wilson every time. Defenders need to be able to defend first and foremost, and DW's defending over the last 18 months has been pretty dreadful. The Hill -Kiernan partnership looks a much better fit and I no longer hide behind my fingers at every cross into our box.

Halliday needs dropped, pure and simple. Dreadful run of form for him. Perhaps a few weeks out can sort him out like it seems to have done for McKay & Waghorn.

I am not sure who would take over from Halliday. Crooks hasn't impressed up until now and Rossiter never seems to be fit. I would certainly take Rossiter if he is available.

It was difficult viewing for two reasons the performance and the thunder storm freezing my tv.

But winning when playing poorly is only a good thing.

I was a bit worried before the Hamilton game that the Hearts and Aberdeen wins were based on revenge so all we can expect now is the players to prove us wrong. Could actually be a blessing for them to improve in the game that matters next week. However St Johnstone away on Wednesday is a bigger test than what is seems on paper - perhaps numerous changes required for that game.

But 10 points clear of Hearts when last month we fell behind them is good form.

Again, one has to stop laying too much emphasis on every single game. Sure, one should poit out the good and the bad, but projecting future stuff from any good or bad performance does not yield any results, as, by default, the next game may very well swing the tune in another direction.

ICT came here with the same plan as the other teams, who rely on physical and simple tactic stuff. Stop us from playing, harass us all over the park and force errors. On occasion, we have coped with that this season, but on the whole, we are still rather mediocre when facing such tactics. If conditions and mentality are not up for scratch, it could yield rather fortunate results like yesterday and had we played the Scum, we would probably have seen another mauling.

A few general things though:

ICT always had up to 4 or 5 players in our half trying to stop us playing our passing game. We SHOULD have capitalized on this and played more long balls to Gardner and Waghorn, instead of trying to pass the ball to the next, well guarded player (and thus force mistakes). Yet, Wilson was not playing and accuracy is not exactly Hill's or Kiernan's trademarks.

Once we notice that our passing game is not on, we should try the odd precise long ball, OR, which angered me most, have players in possession of the ball run with it, rather than look for another chap - free or not and usually standing still and not on the move. Warburton demanded that our players shall be more brave, and IMHO no-one has taken that to heart, bar Waghorn perhaps. Then again, he's shooting as soon as he sees an opportunity anyway.

Passing from defence ... wicked. All teams have noted that the can cause us problems and harass our players like there is no tomorrow. Hence we concede sloppy stuff time and again, usually late on. SDoW should take a baseball club and threaten anyone defending NOT to do some fancy stuff and put the ball into row Z instead. For we'll have more people back and in position from a throw in, than a lost ball right in the middle of play.

IF McKay ain't up to it, be it physical and mentally (IMHO both the case yesterday), remove him earlier. Miller provided an instant spark and ain't that easily intimidated by tall defenders.

Again, one has to stop laying too much emphasis on every single game. Sure, one should poit out the good and the bad, but projecting future stuff from any good or bad performance does not yield any results, as, by default, the next game may very well swing the tune in another direction.

ICT came here with the same plan as the other teams, who rely on physical and simple tactic stuff. Stop us from playing, harass us all over the park and force errors. On occasion, we have coped with that this season, but on the whole, we are still rather mediocre when facing such tactics. If conditions and mentality are not up for scratch, it could yield rather fortunate results like yesterday and had we played the Scum, we would probably have seen another mauling.

A few general things though:

ICT always had up to 4 or 5 players in our half trying to stop us playing our passing game. We SHOULD have capitalized on this and played more long balls to Gardner and Waghorn, instead of trying to pass the ball to the next, well guarded player (and thus force mistakes). Yet, Wilson was not playing and accuracy is not exactly Hill's or Kiernan's trademarks.

Once we notice that our passing game is not on, we should try the odd precise long ball, OR, which angered me most, have players in possession of the ball run with it, rather than look for another chap - free or not and usually standing still and not on the move. Warburton demanded that our players shall be more brave, and IMHO no-one has taken that to heart, bar Waghorn perhaps. Then again, he's shooting as soon as he sees an opportunity anyway.

Passing from defence ... wicked. All teams have noted that the can cause us problems and harass our players like there is no tomorrow. Hence we concede sloppy stuff time and again, usually late on. SDoW should take a baseball club and threaten anyone defending NOT to do some fancy stuff and put the ball into row Z instead. For we'll have more people back and in position from a throw in, than a lost ball right in the middle of play.

IF McKay ain't up to it, be it physical and mentally (IMHO both the case yesterday), remove him earlier. Miller provided an instant spark and ain't that easily intimidated by tall defenders.

I agree with most of that but when Windass, I think, tried to run with the ball he lost it presenting ICT with a good chance. We do not have a good enough calibre of player to stroll through games, like we did in the past. Every player has to give maximum effort in every game.