Rangers are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of German starlet Lars Babich.

The 14-year-old goalkeeper is regarded as one of the best prospects in German football.

Both clubs are keen to lure him away from Germany after spotting him playing in a youth tournament in Oban.

Rangers invited the teenager over for a trial last summer and Babich was impressed by the club during his time in Glasgow.

"I don't think I'll join Chelsea. If they make me an offer, money won't come into it," Babich told the Daily Record.

"My wish is to come to Glasgow because Scotland is my second home.

"When I went to train with Rangers I had some great coaching .

"It was a good experience for me but I couldn't sign anything because I was too young."

I remember this boy being mentioned last year.

Hopefully the hype will stick and we can have a Klos mark 2 for the next 20 years. :D

He is still about 4 or 5 years from being ready for the first team. I cant see him being thrown in before he is 18.

But 1 for the future :thup: Well done on knocking back Chelsea - there shite anyway

German goalkeeper Niclas Heimann has confirmed reports that he will be moving to Chelsea in the summer.

The 15-year-old, regarded as the brightest German prospect of his age-group, is currently with Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen.

He had been linked with the likes of Barcelona earlier in the season but has now agreed a switch to Stamford Bridge after impressing on a recent trial.

Heimann has put pen-to-paper on a three-year contract with the Premiership champions, meaning he will be tied to the club until 2010.

"A dream has come true for me," he said.

Heimann will go straight into Chelsea's youth team when he arrives in London and his development will then be monitored by the senior setup

Have we got the best one ????