The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

You can hardly suggest the SPFL handed them a present..... Tavernier and Wilson maybe.... but not the SPFL.

It ain't that heard to comprehend though? When did we last play a game on the 31st of December? When did we last play an OF game on December 31st?

Obviously they did not do it "on purpose", but in the end it worked out like that. And OBVIOUSLY it was a tongue in cheek remark.

couldn't agree more

mckay at wing back FFS and he was superb from there- if the manager had a clue he'd be in the centre and the team built around him

I think the reason McKay was so good was because he was at wing-back, with space to run into and no direct marker. Pretty sure it's the clueless manager that decided that...

The best team won. We had lots of chances to win or draw but we didn't take them.

We also gifted them loads of opportunities. Some of our passing at the back is laughable.

The manager now has to focus on getting a couple of players in. Right back must be the priority. After that he can have another go getting a midfielder.

Not long back. I don't feel we can be criticised for lack of effort. We just don't have the quality. I felt we missed Garner as he was really getting in about their defence and we could have scored more first half as goal came from his tenaciousness!

We missed great chances second half and Barrie had a great game. As did Wes who had some amazing saves. In all honesty we just dont have the quality.

Taverneir is a fecking bombscare liability in defence. It could have been 2-2, it could have been a 3-1 defeat?

Unless we get investment, we will never compete with them. That's the reality. It won't change. They gave their all out there though.

On another note, what has MOH got to do? There were heavy and tired legs at the end. Why change to Dodoo and not MOH???? Questions??

Edited by cooponthewing

Not long back. I don't feel we can be criticised for lack of effort. We just don't have the quality. I felt we missed Garner as he was really getting in about their defence and we could have scored more first half as goal came from his tenaciousness!

We missed great chances second half and Barrie had a great game. As did Wes who had some amazing saves. In all honesty we just dont have the quality.

Taverneir is a fecking bombscare liability in defence. It could have been 2-2, it could have been a 3-1 defeat?

Unless we get investment, we will never compete with them. That's the reality. It won't change. They gave their all out there though.

Agree with most of that.Just one thing-----Hodson isnt a bombscare.(know what im saying?)

Would this be a big UP for the manager by default?

I don't think it was "by default": I mentioned earlier that Celtic like to change to 3-4-2-1 in-game, so isolating McKay was a decent decision. The manager deserves credit where credit is due, and, of course, vice versa. Playing a natural winger at wing-back has worked wonders for Chelsea.

I thought we played OK, but just lack that quality. I think the Manager deserves praise for that. The players need to do better, though.