Joe Garner could be out for THREE months after dislocating his shoulder

SAD ALL OVER Crocked Rangers striker Joe Garner could be out for THREE months after dislocating his shoulder during Old Firm defeat to Celtic

The Ibrox star was taken straight to hospital after picking up the injury

CROCKED Rangers striker Joe Garner could be out for THREE MONTHS.

Garner lasted just 12 minutes of Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Celtic before falling awkwardly and dislocating his shoulder.

Play was stopped for four minutes as the fans’ new cult hero was treated on the pitch against Celtic before being carried off on a stretcher and straight to hospital.

SunSport understands the £1.8million frontman will definitely be sidelined for a minimum of four weeks.

But a need for surgery would put the 28-year-old — who has scored three goals in 19 appearances — out until early April.

Losing Garner — who has inspired a supporters’ chant to the tune of The Dave Clark Five’s Glad All Over — would be another severe injury blow for boss Mark Warburton.

Rangers skipper Lee Wallace was forced out of the Old Firm derby with a hamstring strain, Niko Kranjcar won’t be available again until next season while Jordan Rossiter hasn’t played since August.

Warburton intends bringing in at least two new faces during this month’s transfer window.

But La Liga star Jota WON’T be one.

Jota, signed by Warburton for Brentford in 2014, was believed to be keen on a reunion with his mentor.

But it’s understood the financial package involved became too much for Warburton’s modest budget.

However, SunSport believes Warburton may yet still bring in another Spanish attacker on loan while free agent Leon Osman is still under consideration.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/376987/crocked-rangers-striker-joe-garner-could-be-out-for-three-months-after-dislocating-his-shoulder-during-old-firm-defeat-to-celtic/

I like Miller in the sceondary striker role most, hence, he should not become Garner's replacement per se. Same goes for Waghorn, as he is far better at hitting the byline and put crosses in or having a shot himself. Unless we sign another striker, I'd use Dodoo in there, as he likes to have a shot, has technical ability and hopefully enough youthful enthusiasm which stops him from thinking too much when presented with an opportunity.

I'm not overly concerned. We actually have options up front. Time for Waggy and Dodoo to step up. Waghorn should have started on Saturday.

Those options are certainly better than the name I keep getting whispered in my ear - Lafferty.

Also an opportunity for Michael O'Halloran, he seems to be becoming the forgotten man. I'm not sure why he has fallen behind Dodoo in terms of getting match time.

I'm passing on an informed rumour from a reasonable source here - apparently O'Halloran believes he is a superstar. While others are getting down to extra work after training he is sitting down texting on his phone. Waghorn despite being told to quit it , is continuing to try to bulk up. That isn't going down too well either.

To be honest I'm not sure whether to believe it or not. Please don't ask for the source guys because I won't say.

I'm passing on an informed rumour from a reasonable source here - apparently O'Halloran believes he is a superstar. While others are getting down to extra work after training he is sitting down texting on his phone. Waghorn despite being told to quit it , is continuing to try to bulk up. That isn't going down too well either.

To be honest I'm not sure whether to believe it or not. Please don't ask for the source guys because I won't say.

At the chippy?