Big Time Goalscorer

Hats off to Kenny Miller, he keeps on rolling on like the proverbial evergreen and showing how good a striker he still is. Throughout all his spells at Rangers he has scored big occasion goals.

Let's analyse the IMPORTANT goals he has scored in the past year.

Petrofac Final ( Not important in sense it was already won but cup final goal ( big occasion))

Cup Semi v Celtic

Cup Final v Hibs (Important equaliser, despite result)

Sept V Mwell ( Last Minute)

V Aberdeen

Hogmanay v Celtic (ok not in the sense of the result but he still put us ahead)

Yesterday v Mwell (2 goals when time was running out to keep our Cup dream alive)

We know we need a new striker but we have as Billy Davies said a 37 yr old but a 37 yr old goalscorer who scores goals.

Edited by scotjo

Always rated Miller and he is looking after himself well too....his goals were good and still looks like he did 5 years ago.

He is edging towards legendary status, a lot wont be having that but I would be putting him in there.

Edited by Gribz

Always rated Miller and he is looking after himself well too....his goals were good and still looks like he did 5 years ago.

He is edging towards legendary status, a lot wont be having that but I would be putting him in there.

Sorry mate but his badge thumping while with the manks will never see that guy get legendary status from me.

I'll be honest here, I never had much time for Miller. The opening post gives an impressive list at first sight. Imo his total time at Rangers reads like a pretty poor return for what we paid him while he was wearing a Rangers jersey. Running around waving your arms and screwing up your face after yet another feck up doesn't mean you merit a clean jersey.

However - he took his 2 goals well at the weekend and for that I thank him.

Sorry mate but his badge thumping while with the manks will never see that guy get legendary status from me.

I'll be honest here, I never had much time for Miller. The opening post gives an impressive list at first sight. Imo his total time at Rangers reads like a pretty poor return for what we paid him while he was wearing a Rangers jersey. Running around waving your arms and screwing up your face after yet another feck up doesn't mean you merit a clean jersey.

However - he took his 2 goals well at the weekend and for that I thank him.

Surely we are bigger and better than this and can rise above that. He obviously was doing it in the moment and was young at the time. He has done wonders for us and signed for us 3 times - doesnt that mean something??

Miller has been a great servant for the club and is still an important player now - and arguably more effective than he's ever been.

The problem with that though is that because he's usually better on the ball he can drop deep and link the play pretty well which, when he plays as our number 9, leaves us with no-one in attack. However, I'd suggest that's a problem for the manager rather than a failure of the player.

Miller's drawbacks are well known - he's not the best finisher at times and his touch can often be poor also. However, I'd say both of these attributes are better than they were and although he's lost a yard or so in pace, he's still mobile and quick enough to be dangerous. Of course, I'd rather we had a younger, better player ahead of him but until circumstances dictate that's possible then Miller is a reliable option.

Edited by Frankie

Miller is NOT the goal scoring answer.

Throughout his career, he has about a 34% scoring record (236 goals/693 apps).

While he is a great player who always gives 100%, I have never seen him as a prolific goal scorer. I think we need someone in the Boyd/McCoist mould - someone that will "hover" about the 6-yrd area ready to pounce on ANY ball that comes in that direction. They're sole job being to put the ball in the net - never mind tracking back to defend or to help out in midfield etc.

Joe Garner (so far) doesn't look to be the goal scoring answer either - he is similar to Miller in that he's a work horse, but Miller has a better scoring record.

Waggy in the middle may improve the goal count, if given a run of games, but unsure if he's the long term answer @ higher levels.

With our style of play we will not have the luxury of a goal scorer "hovering" around the six yard area so we need a bigger input of goals from the shot shy midfield.

And midfielders getting into the box to score. Holt isn't doing it anymore.