Management Resigned ?

We are in a bad place and all this conjecture is getting us nowhere other than more and more paranoid.

Let's get behind Graeme and the team tomorrow and then await official confirmation of an appointment.

The main thing is that any appointment won't suit everybody but we have to show solidarity in the team for the remainder of the season.

If we do go with McLeish then the board have completely lost the plot and are not the correct people to be taking us forward. Having McLeish at the helm is every bit as damaging as any lopsided retail deal, if not more so.

I honestly can't believe we are considering this., It's insane.

I don't always agree with you but I am 100% behind you on this. Why the F are we even thinking about McLeish.

But Warburton told SunSport: “What’s going on? This is scandalous, I’ve no idea what they’re talking about.

“I haven’t resigned. I’ve never resigned. I’ve no idea what they’re talking about.

“I was advised by an email to read an urgent letter. But, I tell you, I haven’t resigned.”

I don't always agree with you but I am 100% behind you on this. Why the F are we even thinking about McLeish.

The club havent mentioned it. Its the media who are putting him in as the front runner plus Gordon Smith is pushing his name.

As permanent manager its a non starter but if it was until the end of the season it might work although Walter would be my preference in those terms. FdB has said he wouldnt take a job mid season.

The club havent mentioned it. Its the media who are putting him in as the front runner plus Gordon Smith is pushing his name.

As permanent manager its a non starter but if it was until the end of the season it might work although Walter would be my preference in those terms. FdB has said he wouldnt take a job mid season.

Taking the Job now is perfect if you have the confidence to get that third Euro spot. You have the perfect time for evaluation and the only pressure you are now under is to get into Europe.

Is it not the case McLeish is being mentioned as an interim or caretaker manager til the end of the season? The same wayStuart McCall was a couple of years ago ?

FWIW I wouildn't be against McLeish returning on an interim basis but we really must look elsewhere for our next manager who must be a younger manager with contacts throughout & sourced from outside Scotland.

Marco Silva would be my choice.

Edited by RANGERRAB

In partial defence of McLeish, he was in charge when the finances started to bite (something he's repeated down south, for his sins). In his poorest season, he had that ridiculous supermarket sweep for players shortly before the season started to try and put a team out. He's also probably the manager that's given our youth players the most chance, albeit as a consequence of dramatic cost-cutting. At his worst, he had us playing a pretty but ineffectual passing game. But he's only being touted as an interim manager to the season's end. Unless we go on some extraordinary unbeaten run under him, winning the cup and smashing the Tims in remaining fixtures, he wouldn't be looked at for the long term. It's not particularly inspiring but can't see anyone we might really like the look of taking it until the summer. And if he does ok, he's refreshed his cv and has a route back into management elsewhere.

Is it not the case McLeish is being mentioned as an interim or caretaker manager til the end of the season? The same wayStuart McCall was a couple of years ago ?

FWIW I wouildn't be against McLeish returning on an interim basis but we really must look elsewhere for our next manager who must be a younger manager with contacts throughout & sourced from outside Scotland.

Marco Silva would be my choice.

I don't see McLeish taking the job until the end of the season unless he has the proviso that if Rangers finish a "strong second" he will get the job permanently. I'm sure if Rangers had got promoted then McCall would have remained as manager.

Well he certainly won the league with his own. But you seem to have forgotten that.

Yes, he won the league in 04-05 at the last minute. We should be winning leagues though. It's a 2 team league so we're bound to win the league a lot. With Klos, Ricksen, Boumsong, Arveladze, Prso, Lovenkrands etc was it really much of an achievement? Even if wages had been cut, we still had a team of internationalists all being paid a fortune.

McLeish has proven consistently that he is a woeful manager. Just look at his record since leaving us. Nobody half decent is interested in him anymore.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy