Well who's next

In everything but the legal sense. Usual source. I'm abroad and struggling with my phone but last I heard this morn the two names from the panel had resulted in the Portuguese guy being picked by the board. Guessing here but imagine they are waiting for him to come to Glasgow to finalise and make the usual media releases( but I emphasis that's my guess on why it's not announced yet)

This is a very bold move by the board if this is true. They know that they are under scrutiny and yet select a relatively unknown guy to take charge. Even if you don't agree with their choice, you have to admire their guts in appointing him.

It'll take some time before they adjust to his way but if he is the attack minded coach they all say he is, we are in for a treat. It'd be great if he brought Weiss back with him. I always thought he was an exciting player to watch and just what we need. :yesrfc:

Doesn't excite me unfortunately.

I don't think any manger would help much in the current situation tbh.

We're close to second despite everything shit that has happened. We may end up 2nd even without a manager.

Catching them though needs a huge amount of cash. Even 100 million would need to be spent wisely given how crazy football has got and the money from transfers and Chumps League is added up. Actually given how far they are ahead financially it probably wouldn't be enough and is certainly far less than what has been stolen from us.

DoF and long term strategy is what is needed -and has been since Walter left.

SSN say DoF to be announced tomorrow

Edited by SteveC

When I first saw Caixinho's name mentioned I thought he'd be favourite. If he is the next Rangers manager then it is a very bold & imaginative appointment even with a bit of risk.

Appointing the likes of McLeish or McInnes would be easy appointments which, if they flopped, would have left the Rangers board open to much criticism.

Portuguese coaches generally seem to be doing quite well at the moment don't they?Who had heard of Marco Silva until he arrived at Hull City a few months ago & turned things sround big style. If Caixinho was to do likewise at Rangers there would be few complaints would there ?

Edited by RANGERRAB

Doesn't excite me unfortunately.

Im of the same opinion as you Craig. I'm not sure anyone except FDB would have though.

It seems quite a lightweight appointment but we don't have the financial pull to attract anyone of substantial note.

Once it's official at least we won't feel in limbo anymore.

When I first saw Caixinho's name mentioned I thought he'd be favourite. If he is the next Rangers manager then it is a very bold & imaginative appointment even with a bit of risk.

Appointing the likes of McLeish or McInnes would be easy appointments which, if they flopped, would have left the Rangers board open to much criticism.

Portuguese coaches generally seem to be doing quite well at the moment don't they?Who had heard of Marco Silva until he arrived at Hull City a few months ago & turned things sround big style. If Caixinho was to do likewise at Rangers there would be few complaints would there ?

what has this guy achieved in management to even be considered for the manager's job?