Well who's next

I've been offline for a couple of weeks so haven't trawled through the thread, but I can't be alone in finding this Portuguese chap's CV thoroughly uninspiring. I get the whole 'give him a chance' thing, but I simply can't see what he has done to merit getting the Rangers job. Surely if we're considering candidates like Rowett, we have to at least go with the British option. What's wrong with the likes of Michael Appleton?

I can just see Caixinha not getting the club or Scottish football at all, and leaving with his tail between his legs after a year and no progress.

You obviously didn't read about Pedro's awareness of Tactical Periodisation :D.

I can just see Caixinha not getting the club or Scottish football at all, and leaving with his tail between his legs after a year and no progress.

I fully expect this to happen. A manager with no track record of success in Europe and no cash to spend. We make some funny decisions.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I doubt the manager or prospective DoF are coming without a firm commitment of adequate funding or else we could have saved all the hassle and appointed McLeish or Davies .

I do not subscribe to the notion that this is an appointment from left field, or from beyond the pale, made merely for the sake of it.

I do not subscribe to the notion that this is an appointment from left field, or from beyond the pale, made merely for the sake of it.

Yes, we interviewed candidates for the position and he was the outstanding interviewee - that strikes me as normal recruitment procedure rather than "from left field".

Yes, we interviewed candidates for the position and he was the outstanding interviewee - that strikes me as normal recruitment procedure rather than "from left field".

I think that we are in agreement; some, however, see his appointment as a deliberate act of supreme folly.

Edited by Uilleam

I'm actually quite excited about Pedro coming in. I'd have him over most if not all of the names that were linked to us in the press put it that way. He seems to like hard work from his players which I like, likes to attack as well.

The other names like Monk, McInness etc just did nothing for me but this seems very intriguing and lets hope he gets some serious funds in the summer!