Well who's next

I think we have to accept him as our next manager and get on with it.

From a personal experience and no doubt most bears at the time when Souness chucked it and WS 'stepped up' as his replacement most of us gave it the mighty :facepalm: Look how he turned out!

Same thing happened again when Dick left the club and his replacement was to be Big Eck...wow! How uninspiring a name was that? That got double :eek2: However, again, look how he turned out!

Then when PLG came in after that it was greeted rather differently, I'm pretty sure at the time most bears were rubbing their hands in anticipation when we landed him :flute: Look how that turned out!

When Walter came back again it was with 99% of the fans support. He never really blotted his copybook until I suppose, he recommended Ally for his empty seat. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

When Ally finally got the boot, Warburton got the job...the excitement of that appointment had fans going through the roof :champs: We even had a song for him, it wasn't "Warburtons Blue and White Army" though. Look how that turned out!

This latest appointment of a Portuguese guy with a crap CV doesn't faze me at all...I've learned not to be too disappointed or overly joyous about a new manager coming in, just that I now have to wait and hope it turns out as good as, or rather not as bad as Rangers managers from the past.

I can't even pronounce the new guys name...:wtf:

Just call him Pedro. Everyone will know who you mean:D2

We've even got a Mexican emoji in waiting..:party: Can't wait for the first Mexican wave.

If there were 60+ applicants, as suggested by Mr Waltersgotstyle, above, then there is always likely to have been a cheaper option, or a number of such.

As far as I can see , Pedro Caixinha will be the Head Coach; therefore, and this is not semantics, he has not been offered "the Rangers' job", as previously understood. There will be no Rangers' Manager, a la Struth, Symon, Smith, etc., and we, and history, may have to judge him somewhat differently.

It is clear that the Board wishes to pursue a Director of Football/ Head Coach model, and that we are not going to get a traditional "Manager". A traditional "Manager" cannot by definition work within this structure, and will not, in any case.

My feeling is that the final factor which tipped the Board in this direction was the recruitment of players by Warburton et al., which, ultimately, failed.

Personally, I am intrigued by his appointment.

Primarily, I want to see how a guy who takes modern coaching principles and methods seriously applies these to Rangers and to the Scottish League. (I have a half formed theory that there is a tendency for some players from an exalted level to fail to take coaching principles and methods seriously; a recent Rangers' "Manager" being, perhaps, a case in point.)

I am interested, also, to observe how he improves the players at his disposal, or if he improves them at all. (I need not comment on recent history in this regard, nor, indeed, on past history.)

Let us see how he performs.

The major problem, now, is the vacant DoF post, surely an attractive proposition, as the incumbent will have, it seems, a blank slate. Let us hope that it is filled soon.

Folk are going on about Caixhina's experience & what he's achieved.....Exactly what had Brenda achieved before moving to Ceptic.???

Your right mate

What had Alex Ferguson achieved before Aberdeen or Walter Smith before taking over at us?

It's the man that should be judged not just past achievements, he's not a player he's a leader and it's more important for his role that he has a strong character and will to win. You want your manager to epitomise everything the team on the park stands for.

He reminds me a bit of bilic. Have always wanted that kind of passion on the sidelines, cannot wait to see it.

Folk are going on about Caixhina's experience & what he's achieved.....Exactly what had Brenda achieved before moving to Ceptic.???

absolutely heehaw, people are now going on about Caixhina's win % which i think is at 43%. Rodgers win % prior to taking over Celtic sat at 45%.

AP via The Guardian reports

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/09/pedro-caixinha-cleared-by-qatari-club-rangers-manager

Pedro Caixinha cleared by Qatari club to take post as Rangers manager

• Al-Gharafa have given the Portuguese coach permission to take post

• The 46-year-old is unlikely to be in dugout for Sunday’s clash at Celtic Park

Pedro Caixinha is set to agree a deal to become the new Rangers manager.

Press Association

Thursday 9 March 2017 15.48 GMT Last modified on Friday 10 March 2017 00.45 GMT

Pedro Caixinha has been cleared to take over as Rangers manager by his current club. Qatari side Al-Gharafa announced on Twitter that they had given the Portuguese coach permission to join the Scottish Premiership side, who currently lie third in the table.

The 46-year-old now looks set to quickly agree a deal but he is unlikely to be in the dugout for Sunday’s clash at Celtic Park.

Al-Gharafa, who play in the Qatar Stars League, stated that the deal was in their financial interests, especially with Caixinha’s contract due to expire in 45 days. The club’s statement also added that Caixinha’s desire to join Rangers was instrumental in their decision.

Caixinha emerged as Rangers’ first choice to replace Mark Warburton last week but the Ibrox club were unable to finalise a deal to take him to Scotland at the start of this week, in time to prepare for Sunday’s derby.

However, the agreement with Al-Gharafa will allow him to watch on at Parkhead.

Caixinha moved to Qatar in 2015 after a successful spell with Santos Laguna, a Mexican club with close links to Celtic. He previously managed Uniao de Leiria and Nacional in his homeland after spells on the coaching staff at Sporting Lisbon, Panathinaikos, Rapid Bucharest and Saudi Arabia.

Is there any Club, in any League, in any country, in any corner of the globe, with which the fhilth do not claim to have "links", "close links", or a "pyoor speshul relationship"?

Well they have a link to that club, even though it yielded nothing but a bit publicity. Same with us and that Australian team a decade or so ago.

As for "CV" and "experience", IMHO that was a bit of hysteria driven by the media. Not least since they made us think that Rangers need a big name and a big appointment ... when we had quite a few people who were far from being "big names" when appointed. It is all very much a trial and error thing when it comes to managers. Pedro will bring a very different perspective and experience to Rangers, we will have to wait and see how it developes. The good thing is that he will have a few months to see the current players and can hopefully strengthen in the summer with more serious cash than nowadays.

Your right mate

What had Alex Ferguson achieved before Aberdeen or Walter Smith before taking over at us?

It's the man that should be judged not just past achievements, he's not a player he's a leader and it's more important for his role that he has a strong character and will to win. You want your manager to epitomise everything the team on the park stands for.

He reminds me a bit of bilic. Have always wanted that kind of passion on the sidelines, cannot wait to see it.

Agreed...it's about what he DOES, not what he DID...