Well who's next

As has been said, we need someone who offers a bit of stability on and off the park. And the style he played 6 or more years ago also depended on his players. The whole situation on the park is different now and Walter would have to adjust accordingly.

Agreed. And another reason is the person has to know the expectations that anything other than 2nd this season is not acceptable. Therefore ugly winning would be OK until the end of the season. So it would need to be someone who knows what the club is about.

But the main thing is to think longer term for next season and Im liking the thought of Gary Rowett. No compensation, and very promising.

If the situation is true we will only be able to recruit a manager for whom there won't be any compensation payment as our finances seem to be non existent.

Then that would include: Alan Pardew, Juande Ramos, Frank de Boer, Michael Laudrup, Roberto Mancini, just saying.........as I did in the other thread, we need to aim high and the opportunity to take this Club back where it belongs might compensate someone of the stature of the aforementioned to accept the kind of salary we could offer.

OK, an old guy can dream......

Who the hell is Gary Rowett?

Ex Birmingham manager. Had them challenging for the play offs and level on points with Sheff Wed on Dec 14 then was shockingly sacked and replaced by Zola who has them now in free fall.

Tbh...if Sir Walter came back AGAIN I would like that, if McLeish came back AGAIN I'd like that also. McInnes and Davies just doesn't do it for me, De Boer is the same, he only spent a couple of years in Scotland.

De Boer is another imo who'd jump ship the first time an offer came in for him.

Tbh...if Sir Walter came back AGAIN I would like that, if McLeish came back AGAIN I'd like that also. McInnes and Davies just doesn't do it for me, De Boer is the same, he only spent a couple of years in Scotland.

Frank de Boer only spent 6 months with us. His twin brother Ronald was with us for a number of years.