Mark Warburton in £1million compensation battle with Rangers

Warbs is adamant he, David Weir and Frank McParland did NOTHING to merit the Ibrox board showing them the door

MARK WARBURTON is adamant he, Davie Weir and Frank McParland did NOTHING to merit the Rangers board showing them the door on Friday night.

And now the powerful English League Managers Association — representing the trio — have been instructed to wage war with the Ibrox board for compensation totalling a stunning £1MILLION plus.

Former Brentford gaffer Warburton, 54, refused to comment further on a staggering 24 hours in his life following advice from the LMA.

First he faced the media at the Auchenhowie training base ahead of the Scottish Cup tie against Morton.

Then later, while at his Glasgow apartment, he was caught completely cold by an EMAIL from club chiefs abruptly informing him they’d accepted his ‘resignation’.

It’s believed No2 Weir and head of recruitment McParland endured the same fate.

But a source close to the first Englishman in the Gers hotseat told SunSport: “Mark categorically denies that he ever offered his resignation.

“The same goes for Davie and Frank.”

Warburton — linked strongly with the Nottingham Forest gaffer’s job — spent the day in Glasgow but is expected to return to his London family home tomorrow.

Then the stage will be left clear for the LMA to square up to the Light Blues’ hierarchy, who are determined not to pay out a single penny to the departed trio.

SunSport has been told most of the Gers first team squad were quick to contact Warburton with messages of sympathy and support.

It’s also understood he was called by various members of behind-the-scenes club staff emotional over the exits of the managerial threesome.

Warburton spent 20 months in charge, winning the Championship and Petrofac Challenge Cup but losing the Scottish Cup Final to Hibs.

He beat former Rangers midfielder Stuart McCall to land the job.

Someone is lying but which side is it.

The players contacting him means their heads may not be right for today, senior players like Miller is going to have to play his part off the park and get the players concentrating on the game itself.

The players contacting him means their heads may not be right for today, senior players like Miller is going to have to play his part off the park and get the players concentrating on the game itself.

They are professionals they should just get on with the job.

I would hazard a guess that anyone selected to play against Morton will be completely professional and giving it their all for the support. It's going to be an interesting day and the crowd may even be boosted for the curiosity value.

This game will be a test for our players. There will be a huge media attention on them and all rangers fans will be looking closely on how they react.

Will Morton have a go at them from the start to try to unsettle them or will they try to frustrate them? Rangers need to be prepared for both and react accordingly. The players have a chance today to show they care about the club and the fans. I hope they do and we show all those who wish us ill that we as a club will prevail.

As Mr Struth said "no matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to overcome".

1. It's the Sun.

2. The trio say they did not offer to resign, could be true but the guy who they pay to represent them did on their behalf. The same guy who negotiated their latest deal.

3. Nothing wrong with players contacting him especially if they liked him.

4. Players are professionals.

5. £1M compensation, usual greed in the football world. And once again it's the Sun.

Edited by BEARGER

This game will be a test for our players. There will be a huge media attention on them and all rangers fans will be looking closely on how they react.

Will Morton have a go at them from the start to try to unsettle them or will they try to frustrate them? Rangers need to be prepared for both and react accordingly. The players have a chance today to show they care about the club and the fans. I hope they do and we show all those who wish us ill that we as a club will prevail.

As Mr Struth said "no matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to overcome".

I may be in the minority but I fancy a 4-4-2 today and a 4-1 victory, comfortable. they know they are all on probation now.

Yes, if true "SunSport has been told " leaves that open to considerable doubt. On the other hand, if someone you've been working closely with suddenly leaves with no time to say goodbye then it'd be natural to get in touch.

I may be in the minority but I fancy a 4-4-2 today and a 4-1 victory, comfortable. they know they are all on probation now.

They aren't on probation with anyone in charge today, though. And I've heard this claimed before only for us to not turn up at all. I hope you are correct, of course.

Edited by SteveC