[FT] Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers (Garner 62)

I lost count how many times I had my face in my hands after seeing too many players failing to take responsibility for loose balls and failing to control balls after more than one attempt. We spend too much time trying to get a ball under control than actually using it!

This was always going to be a tricky game. We have a group of players used to playing a certain way -- successfully or not -- and it's not really logical to expect them to be excellent at Murty's system. We can and were playing a lot better than that, though.

LOL at Dundee celebrating like they've won the league. Percentage football won the day. Typical Scotland.

It's there first win this year!, plenty for them to cheer about. It' going to be a tough run to the end of the season!

I lost count how many times I had my face in my hands after seeing too many players failing to take responsibility for loose balls and failing to control balls after more than one attempt. We spend too much time trying to get a ball under control than actually using it!

This was always going to be a tricky game. We have a group of players used to playing a certain way -- successfully or not -- and it's not really logical to expect them to be excellent at Murty's system -- which I don't think he knows what it is. We can and were playing a lot better than that, though.

LOL at Dundee celebrating like they've won the league. Percentage football won the day. Typical Scotland.

We were crap under mw.That we are worse now is no reason to regret getting rid of him.

Total rebuild required because of him.The fact that he is gone is the only upside to the whole season.

I don't think hunger and desire get you that far, although it maybe looks better. Aberdeen were awful today; Simple, percentage football with plenty of desire and hunger but it's not enough. Where does that get them? 2nd at a push. When they come up against a half-decent side in Europe they get rolled over.

I certainly expect a level of hunger and desire but I want more. I want a side that can actually play.

We were crap under mw.That we are worse now is no reason to regret getting rid of him.

Total rebuild required because of him.The fact that he is gone is the only upside to the whole season.

I agree we were crap and I'm looking forward to seeing where we go, but I think we had a settled way of playing that was semi-successful. We just needed better players, and MW failed to add to the group over the last few windows. I don't think we require a total rebuild. He has started the build. It is for another to continue it.

Probably the most disjointed game since our first at Tynecastle. The two goals were avoidable, but we failed badly at creating our own ... and when we did we run out of luck, which has become a plague. Deflected into the keeper's arms, deflected unto the post etc.. Exactly the opposite of the opposition.

Anyway, we lose simple goals and if a team like Dundee works their socks of with some solid football, it is enough to keep us at bay in our current form. The long-ball stuff was probably done to avoid the doubling-up on all our attackers, but then you have to find your people too ... or at least be in a position to get the second balls. Allround bad day though.

What has Dodoo got to do to get onto the pitch? Could have been a straight swap for McKay, instead it is the industrious but "toothless" Holt. We had enough industry out there, but no penetration.

Thomson, well, least said the better.

PS: That terrier Kerr in their midfield is worth keeping in mind.

Edited by der Berliner

I agree we were crap and I'm looking forward to seeing where we go, but I think we had a settled way of playing that was semi-successful. We just needed better players, and MW failed to add to the group over the last few windows. I don't think we require a total rebuild. He has started the build. It is for another to continue it.

Who would you want playing in the team next year from the current lot? Hyndman and maybe McKay for me (but the latter only really when we are winning and no stomach is required, though granted he gets battered a lot). That's about it and Hyndman will be gone. Wes is not a safe custodian. None of our so called defenders can defend, with the possible exception of Hodson if he got a run at his own position. I don't think we have any fit midfielders who can play (Hyndman aside) and we've no forwards worth a candle (Miller now being too old.)

I see it as a total rebuild - literally a whole new team.

Since we were illegally and unfairly cast into the bottom league we have wasted chance after chance, year after year to actually use the time to build something.

It's terrifying, tbh. And folk on here are talking about Europe! We are shit in Scotland far less further afield.

Edited by SteveC

Semi successful----where and when?Add to the group?-----seriously .Had he not done enough damage for you?

We dont need a total rebuild?

He has started the build?By doing what,exactly?

We need a solid backline that stops playing their way out of trouble. We need a commanding central midfielder as well as a leader on the park. Someone who spots where it goes wrong and addresses it on the fly. If he can spray a pass, all the better.

Judging the squad on today's display AND right now is pretty pointless. We are down a manager, down on moral, down on luck and no matter whom we'll get in, things won't get better anytime soon. And sure not in the highlands next Friday.

I do have that gut feeling that this season may end very reminiscent to the one where Walter said halfway through the season that he was standing down as our manager, was it 97/98? It went completely downhill after that.