Happy Birthday Hall of Fame: Brian Laudrup

But Baxter was.......

I can only partially agree as I was really too young to remember him long at Rangers. I always said my father took me to Hull to see him when we were on Holiday down in England but on checking when he left Rangers I see it must have been Sunderland so that is how good my memory is.

He signed for us 23 years ago. Just saying......

Age means nothing. Time is an elephant!!!

Unreal 23 years. I remember his debut well when he ran almost the length of the pitch against Motherwell to set up Duncan Ferguson for the winner in the 87th minute. I said id never seen skill like that in Scotland before. Was only around 14 or 15 at the time.

Jim Baxter was the most skilful Rangers player I have seen, but he was flawed like so many that he liked a bevvy. He went to Sunderland but did not achieve much success. He was selected to play for World Selects with Willie Henderson but Scottish football was in a better place then. Laudrup was a complete professional who was head and shoulders above the Scottish game but at European level only a good player.

Jim Baxter was the most skilful Rangers player I have seen, but he was flawed like so many that he liked a bevvy. He went to Sunderland but did not achieve much success. He was selected to play for World Selects with Willie Henderson but Scottish football was in a better place then. Laudrup was a complete professional who was head and shoulders above the Scottish game but at European level only a good player.

Different times as the world of football advanced mate. Joe Baker and Denis Law moved to Italy. They got paid a fortune comparably but were subject to contract fines if they did something silly like eat steak instead of chicken or have beer rather than wine. That led to Denis hiding in the boot of a car to leave the country.

Slim Jim wouldn't have put up with that. A comfortable life where he could sink as many pints as he wanted was enough.

It became known as the Scottish Disease.

Laudrup was from a later age. Most had learned a little by that time.

Laudrup couldn't lace Baxters boots. Anyone still alive to see both play would tell you that mate.