Best Gers XI

I've done this dozens of times and never picked the same XI twice but here goes.

Goram.

Caldow Gough McKinnon Cox

Laudrup Greig Gascoigne Baxter

McCoist Hateley

Can't believe I've chosen McCoist and Hateley ahead of Millar and Brand. And no Wullie or Ian McColl. I'll be back in the afternoon with something different. Then again at night.

A good question at this time

Goram

Jardine Gough Butcher Robertson

Laudrup Gazza B Ferguson Albertz

McCoist Hateley

Goram was an easy choice as was Jardine.

Robertson just shades from Numan

Cuellar and Boumsong were outstanding in their short periods with us, but it was the shortness that made it that they didn't qualify.

Cooper didn't make it as he was inconsistent for a while during his time with us.

It was a choice between van Bronckhorst and Fergusin, but Ferguson was a driving force at his peak and just shaded it.

Mols at his best would have been in it but we only saw that for 3 months and again wasn't enough to get in the team.

If you are picking a "Greatest Rangers' Team", the 1st name on the sheet must be Baxter, J., at No 6.

The same rule applies for a National XI.

Don't just take my word for it, check this for starters:-

There are lots more videos of/on the Great Man on YouTube.

Peruse them on a rainy day, and weep

If you are picking a "Greatest Rangers' Team", the 1st name on the sheet must be Baxter, J., at No 6.

The same rule applies for a National XI.

Don't just take my word for it, check this for starters:-

There are lots more videos of/on the Great Man on YouTube.

Peruse them on a rainy day, and weep

He was before my time, but that was stunning; the Scottish Iniesta indeed -- my only reference unfortunately! Thanks for posting the video.

He was before my time, but that was stunning; the Scottish Iniesta indeed -- my only reference unfortunately! Thanks for posting the video.

My pleasure, Jean Jacques.

If you scrabble and scroll around on You Tube, you'll find a wheen of stuff on Baxter, well worth exploring on a slack afternoon.

Then , Grasshopper, you will have learned, and will understand why he is rated so highly in the panoply of great Rangers' players.