Rangers to appeal Rob Kiernan's red card ahead of Celtic clash

That's got hew haw to do with it.

It does when you have posted - " It seems there's Judge Jury and black cap on this thread all due to the fact that they don't like Kiernan. "

Hence my honest reply that I don't like Kiernan . The fact I don't like Kiernan had nothing to do with whether it deserved a sending off or not.

Hope you were at game today both central defenders had good game especially Kiernan.

I was at the game Mac.

He was adequate against very poor opposition.

But that hardly addresses the point LG was making that it is only bears who don't like Kiernan who think he deserved to be sent off in the game before.

Debate on whether a sending off was merited is, and always will be, a matter of opinion. I would never accuse any true Rangers fan of working to an agenda.

Yes Kiernan was good today but in general he is pish.

Kiernen is good in every game. In some games he is excellent. The problem is that in almost every game he switches off and has stupid time. Then he looks like a fish out water.

He will be lucky to win an appeal for that tackle

He will not and should not. it was a lunge tackle on the foot from behind and deserved red. The appeal is just to free him up for the Celtic game, which is fine as the tims bend the rules far more often than we do.

Kiernen is good in every game. In some games he is excellent. The problem is that in almost every game he switches off and has stupid time. Then he looks like a fish out water.

I hope it's possible for a coach to train the concentration into him. RK is a very good player and could be a great defender for us, but as you say he has 5 or 6 lapses in a game which will inevitably expose us.

His control and distribution is also really good, despite what I've read on here. He will be missed when he serves his game ban, but in my opinion he did deserve the red card. It was a perfect example of one of these "moments".

Edited by Gaffer

It does not make sense to say a player is very good except he suffers from lapses in concentration :confused: His net contribution then is not acceptable. Also you cannot say that first Hibs' goal in the SC final was due to a "lapse in concentration".

Edited by les186

It does not make sense to say a player is very good except he suffers from lapses in concentration :confused: His net contribution then is not acceptable. Also you cannot say that first Hibs' goal in the SC final was due to a "lapse in concentration".

Of course it makes sense! We have midfielders and forwards that lose concentration time and time again, but it's not so consequential because it normally doesn't result in a goal being conceded. Are you saying McKay, Hyndman, Waghorn, and Holt are not very good players? Defenders and keepers will always be scrutinised more than any other players because their mistakes are more costly. You seem to remember that mistake by RK more than you remember the dire performances by most of our other players that day. I think that proves the point.