Local assistant

In his interview he alluded to the fact he wants a local assistant that knows what it's about at Rangers , thoughts guys ,personally I would love Neil McCann to be given the job .

I like McCann in his pundit role but that may not mean he'd transfer well to a coaching position.

I'd fancy Kenny Miller will be the most likely candidate as a player/coach going forward.

Has Archie Knox retired?

Or Ian Ferguson

Wouldn't go near Barry Ferguson he would be against dietary conditions and progressive thought and would only encourage the old boys club network ruining the whole point of this appointment

Edited by trublusince1982

Murty certainly merits consideration. He was coy about the suggestion post-match, but he seems to have something about him. The only question is whether he fits the criteria of a local man who knows the game up here - given he's not played up here and only coached for a few months.

Neil McCann would certainly be a popular choice. But as Frankie says, good punditry doesn't always translate into good coaching.

Ferguson - would fit the mould in terms of knowledge and passion. He would almost certainly not turn us down, and given Pedro talked of teaching the assistant about his approach, perhaps this is a good opportunity for Barry to develop the next stage of his coaching/ managerial career.

Alex Rae: more experienced than the other candidates, so may be seen as a steadier hand to support Pedro's team?

Barry Ferguson couldn't coach @ Clyde.....why would he be any better @ Rangers???

Folk are criticising Pedro for his experience, so based on that McCann should be well & truly ruled out. He may be able to talk a good game, but has not experience implementing it.

I still say Murty is a good should....but what about Bomber?? or even Pedro Mendes as part of the backroom staff??? Possibly Miller as a player/coach.

Kenny Miller has made clear his desire to get into coaching and despite his good work on the pitch this term it has to be close to time to start winding it down. Though I would still like him around as an option to play a half or so next year.