Local assistant

I would say there are enough folk current;y at the club, with "local knowledge" to fulfil the role....whether that is Miller, Bomber etc, or even member of the current backroom team

I'm sure I read/heard somewhere that he had helped Murty immensely in his short spell.

Clarke and Jordon proven number 2s and if they are good enough for Mourinho and Redknapp they must have something about them.

Lennon comment is just silly.

Pedro ain't looking for a No.2 , I don't think....more of an adviser who know the Scottish game to assist him to get up to speed. I got the impression that it may only be a relatively short term thing.

Clarke and Jordon proven number 2s and if they are good enough for Mourinho and Redknapp they must have something about them.

Lennon comment is just silly.

they could be multiple european cup winning managers

i wouldn't want them within a country mile of Ibrox

I think he should use Kenny Miller!

The one thing Miller brings which is beyond doubt from anyone, even TannochsideBear, is the passion, drive, will to win, determination and a true sense of what Rangers means to so many.

If the position is not a coaching one then I think Miller would be a very astute appointment - not least because the remainder of the squad seem to have nothing but respect for him and the way he handles himself. He actually seems more of a Captain than Wallace at times. So Pedro could do far worse than look to Miller.

The one thing Miller brings which is beyond doubt from anyone, even TannochsideBear, is the passion, drive, will to win, determination and a true sense of what Rangers means to so many.

If the position is not a coaching one then I think Miller would be a very astute appointment - not least because the remainder of the squad seem to have nothing but respect for him and the way he handles himself. He actually seems more of a Captain than Wallace at times. So Pedro could do far worse than look to Miller.

Miller is more a moaner than a motivator as a player so I don't really rate him for Captain, but he may turn out as a good coach. He is excellent at running into space and has good positional sense I hope he doesn't have to teach anyone how to trap a ball though.:)

Miller is more a moaner than a motivator as a player so I don't really rate him for Captain, but he may turn out as a good coach. He is excellent at running into space and has good positional sense I hope he doesn't have to teach anyone how to trap a ball though.:)

Completely agree pete. His second touch is a tackle (if he actually could get that close to the ball to tackle someone)..... His 1st touch is appalling for someone who has made so much from the game. But his positional sense is excellent and his channel running is too - he can also finish... but only if he is instinctive - the more time he has the higher likelihood he will miss.

But I do think that he has a lot of positives when it comes to being motivational. I don't see anything wrong in being a moaner on the pitch - it is the sign of a winner when you moan constantly - though you also have to show humility when you yourself have made mistakes - and I think Miller does that most of the time (though did witness him berate young Tom Walsh once when it was Miller that had made the mistake).

I have no problem if Pedro wants to use Miller off the field and I agree with most of what you say about him. He seems respected and a good influence on the squad outwith matches. I just don't rate him as a player and believe our team is better without him in it. However I think there are many far better qualified to advise Pedro what is required and what our rivals feel about us, from actual Rangers supporting ex-players not a Hibbee that jumps ship at the first sniff of a pay rise.

You really are bitter towards Miller,he might well have been at other clubs you despise but has always given 100%+ when in our jersey.

You could say same about Wilson coming back to us from Hearts into the championship,which showed to me that he did not have the resolve and talent to play in the higher league which is showing this season.