Ferguson as the manager's third assistant

A bit of a myth, probably build on a perspective that after Rangers it has to be Real, ManU or the like to better yourself ... or retirement for that matter.

On a sidenote, Barry the Player is most likely not the bone of contention here, but Barry the person and personality. And he did write quite a bit of rubbish in the papers too ...

A bit of a myth?! Behave...

He went on to manage PSG and took them from 17th to 15th then was let go the following season.

He then led Cameroon to the 2010 World Cup only to be the first team to be knocked out.

He then led Oman to the 2015 Asian cup where he was eliminated at the group stage.

Glittering career...

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Not for me,I remember only to well that he claimed winning at Wembley surpassed anything he achieved at Ibrox.

Winning a major English trophy is harder than winning a major Scottish trophy.

If we won the UEFA cup final then I think it would be a different argument, also let's not forget when he gave that interview it was a couple of days after the game.

Perhaps upon reflection he feels differently.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

People are of course free to forget his statement, I won't be one of them.

I remember the days when his behaviour would have had him shown the Ibrox door, that's the trouble at Ibrox and has been fore some time, no discipline and no respect.

I have to say that the abuse towards most ex Rangers,(and current players), players these days is embarrassing!, I'm glad nobody from this site and others have anything to do with appointing managers/coaches for the club!.

Edited by ian1964

I have to say that the abuse towards most ex Rangers players these days is embarrassing!, I'm glad nobody from this site and others have anything to do with appointing managers/coaches for the club!.

Quite.

I was gutted when he left for Blackburn, more annoyed at him during the PLG debacle, and just plain disappointed in his behaviour during the Scotland fingers carry on. But I understand there were other circumstances affecting all 3 of those situations, and tbh, I can't help but like him, I like the way he speaks, he's honest about his past and what a player he was.

I'd take him back, no problem. Bomber, not so much.