Trial match 1959

First team vs reserves was when they took the pre-season picture.

lrRNxms.jpg

I never did get past Part 1 of the series I was going to write :facepalm:

65 was the first year I saw us live. Ah..............memories

That brings back memories. Couple of names I don't remember; Moore, McCartney, McLardie & Vint. Did they play for first team at any time. Sutherland, is that Bob Sutherland the ex Indoor Bowls world champion?

Sure is....

I won a set of bowls from Bob when I won the Scottish Youth pairs when I was 13 - his bowls were great for indoors but a nightmare outdoors so I stuck with my originals :D

Sure is....

I won a set of bowls from Bob when I won the Scottish Youth pairs when I was 13 - his bowls were great for indoors but a nightmare outdoors so I stuck with my originals :D

My son won the Scottish Youth Triples many years ago (28 approx), finals were played at Cambuslang - same prize.

First team vs reserves was when they took the pre-season picture.

lrRNxms.jpg

I never did get past Part 1 of the series I was going to write :facepalm:

I had the glossy colour version of that photo on my bedroom wall back then. It probably came from the Citizen paper.

My son won the Scottish Youth Triples many years ago (28 approx), finals were played at Cambuslang - same prize.

NICE - he would have been a year or two after me - I won it when I was 13, so was in 1986. I was the lead in that tournament - my skip barely had to throw a bowl, in the final itself I literally peppered the jack and all he had to do was cover.

I may have even played in the finals the same year as your son Bearger because I also made the final of the same tournament 2 years later, again in the pairs but this time as skip. My lead (one of my best friends) had played really well all day and then completely blew up in the final and couldn't get anywhere near the jack - I still remember having my final bowl and needed to pull the jack by about 6 inches to make the 3 I needed to win it - and missed the jack by about two inches.

Cant believe that I cant remember where I played either finals days - but if memory serves me, the year I lost the final as skip was indeed Cambuslang.

Thanks for the picture it really brings back memories.

As 13 year old,I had been taken to my first game in 1963 and became "hooked" and the picture posted was the first I ever put on my wall,THANKS.

Yes it was on my bedroom wall as well, I think you can see the holes from the drawing pins.