Kenny Miller unsure of Rangers future

IMHO, Miller is more the Naismith type of attacker than your regular scorer and striker. Methinks he only had one season with us where he fullfilled a real striker's role. What he lacks during his current stay are people one the same, quick thinking wave-length, people who would anticipate passes before they are done. IMHO, only Hyndman and at times Holt and Garner do that. In this creative attacking role, he sure has a future in the game and with us. Probably not a regular starter for much longer.

BTW, not too long ago, such talk about next season was actually put on hold and was not that important. I'd say it ain't that important still ... and Kenny will not mind a missing pay-cheque anytime soon. Missing playing no doubt though.

We NEED goalscorers, and folk who can setup scoring opportunities - Miller is neither.

He does a power of work, trying to drag defenders about the place, but they get wise to him & just let him run about - there MUST be an end product.

Many folk criticised Boyd, for his lack of all round play but he could score. In a similar vain, Miller lacks an all round game but more importantly, the element that he lacks is consistent finishing - so what use is he as a striker???

Maybe PC just sees Miller as a leftover from the MW era? I doubt it would be personal or any slight on his ability. Just time to ring the changes and Miller moves on. He would find another club no problem if that were the case?

Edited by cooponthewing

I like Miller and think he has been one of our best players this season, consistent, which says a lot about the other players!, however I hope the manager can bring in better quality players and that covers all our current squad, the only way we can move forward is bringing in better players, let's hope PC gets the backing to do that!.

We NEED goalscorers, and folk who can setup scoring opportunities - Miller is neither.

He does a power of work, trying to drag defenders about the place, but they get wise to him & just let him run about - there MUST be an end product.

Many folk criticised Boyd, for his lack of all round play but he could score. In a similar vain, Miller lacks an all round game but more importantly, the element that he lacks is consistent finishing - so what use is he as a striker???

Ahem ... as I just pointed out, he's not a goalscoring striker of the Negri, Boyd, or McCoist variety. Neither was Naismith, whom I liked him to. In the second half he played in that exact creative attackers role behind the main strikers. So yes, there is no doubt that we need a goalscoring striker ... and Garner and Waghorn have to start finishing their chances. I for one would not play Miller as a striker any longer, and sure not from the start. That's essentially it.

Edited by der Berliner