[FT] Kilmarnock 0 - 0 Rangers

We don't have the funds to punt eight or ten players and replace them, at least not with players of a suitable quality. I still maintain that a reliable goalscorer (or more than one) would have made us far better off points-wise as our conversion rate is an absolute fucking disaster. Certainly we've given away daft goals but the strike rate is what's killed us. That said, it might have been papering over the cracks a bit. But if you add to that some real drive and dynamism in midfield--a player who can dominate space, win the ball and move it forward swiftly and well--and I think we'd look a totally different side.

So, if we've got the funds for three or four new faces of a step up in quality, we've got the basis for the rest of the team to coalesce around, IMHO.

What we need is the Souness philosophy. Build your spine and fill in the edges. A strong spine will make you difficult to break down and will give you quality through the central areas. Fill in the rest.

So 2 CB's a DM and AM and a goal-scoring striker would be what we desperately need. We may have the AM in Kranjcar if he regains his fitness. We still need 2 CB's, a DM (If Rossiter weren't made of glass I think he would be the answer there too - very impressed with him in his fleeting appearances) and that goal-scoring striker.

In reality we need almost a full team but that wont happen in one or two transfer windows. But if you take the 1st window to strengthen the spine then you should be doing OK. And then you fill out the other positions as and when you can.

FS. Souness brought in English internationalists and lost 2 out of his first 3 league games. Pedro had inherited an under performing squad and hasn't lost in his first 3 games. Let's give the guy a chance.

EXACTLY !!!! 3 games and we have people writing him off already. In all honesty, those writing him off should be ashamed of themselves.

What we need is the Souness philosophy. Build your spine and fill in the edges. A strong spine will make you difficult to break down and will give you quality through the central areas. Fill in the rest.

So 2 CB's a DM and AM and a goal-scoring striker would be what we desperately need. We may have the AM in Kranjcar if he regains his fitness. We still need 2 CB's, a DM (If Rossiter weren't made of glass I think he would be the answer there too - very impressed with him in his fleeting appearances) and that goal-scoring striker.

In reality we need almost a full team but that wont happen in one or two transfer windows. But if you take the 1st window to strengthen the spine then you should be doing OK. And then you fill out the other positions as and when you can.

That's pretty much my point. A midfielder or two with some dig, dynamism and enough quality on the ball to move it to more creative players and a striker who could find the net without the aid of a satnav and we'd look a different prospect. Chuck in an authoritative centre back (especially if Hill moves on) and I think we're a very different prospect.

That's pretty much my point. A midfielder or two with some dig, dynamism and enough quality on the ball to move it to more creative players and a striker who could find the net without the aid of a satnav and we'd look a different prospect. Chuck in an authoritative centre back (especially if Hill moves on) and I think we're a very different prospect.

Hill won't take us to the next level. We need two good central defenders

The problem with last night was we could have tried all day and night and not score. Once the penalty decision went against us, I knew it was going to be one of those games. That compiled with the fact very few actually chip in the a goal! Waghorn, Garner, Hyndman and Miller (who's not scored in a while) are the only real goal threats. If you look at "Them" in the east end, they've goals all over the park! The players have had MW possession football for the sake of possession drilled into them for 18 months! PC needs to get their confidence up, so they actually take a shot on goal!

Looking at his post match interview I would say he is running out of patience with a few! And of course some are not Rangers class!

EXACTLY !!!! 3 games and we have people writing him off already. In all honesty, those writing him off should be ashamed of themselves.

Don't be daft Craig people are entitled to their opinion and it is okay to change your opinion if circumstances change. Up until now I have seen nothing that makes me think PC is a good manager. The players have no idea what their tactics are. They find out they are playing via facebook. All I have seen is that we have gone backwards since he arrived and the football last night was Allyesque. I am not ashamed to think we have the wrong guy but I will be happy if proven wrong

What I would give for a Stuart McCall these days

Don't be daft Craig people are entitled to their opinion and it is okay to change your opinion if circumstances change. Up until now I have seen nothing that makes me think PC is a good manager. The players have no idea what their tactics are. They find out they are playing via facebook. All I have seen is that we have gone backwards since he arrived and the football last night was Allyesque. I am not ashamed to think we have the wrong guy but I will be happy if proven wrong

Are you for real pete ? Changing an opinion is one thing but FORMING an opinion on the back of 2 or 3 games is simply nonsense. Anyone who suggests that they have given the manager a fair chance at proving himself is absolutely kidding themselves on. Spin it all you like but that doesn't get away from the fact that he clearly hasn't been given nearly enough time to prove himself. People are entitled to their opinion, of course they are - but I am just as entitled to say that they should be ashamed of themselves for forming that opinion after 3 games - it is, after all, MY OPINION.

You have seen nothing of PC to make you think he is a good manager because you simply haven't seen enough of him. You likewise haven't seen enough of him to make you think he is a bad manager - but you wont say that as it doesn't fit with the focus you want to make.

The players have no idea what their tactics are ? And that is by default the managers fault ? Could it be that the players aren't very smart and don't understand what they are being told ? Hang PC right now, he told the media about ONE player getting a game via Twitter, not facebook. And guess what.... he still gave MORE notice than any other debutant in recent history IF any of the managers inform their players an hour before kick off - in many cases a manager announces his team to the players no more than 2 hours before kick off. Pedro gives the lad his chance and the lad knows 30 hours in advance - but lets hang the coach. Hardly a big deal, it is mountain out of molehill stuff.

He has been here for less than a month so clearly hasn't had enough time to get them playing the way he wants. You cant turn Scott Brown into Messi overnight no matter how much you try. Point being, he wants them playing a certain way but he still needs to understand what the players can and cannot do. If he believes in his system then he will force it upon them - nothing wrong with that either because it will give him the opportunity between now and the end of the season to see which players can and can't work under his philosophy. Those that can get to stay. Those that can't can leave. It allows him to weed out those that cant play to his tactics. It doesn't mean his tactics are wrong, it doesn't mean his tactics are difficult. It could be any number of reasons, including having players who can't or won't adapt.

Gone backwards in a month - lol. He is undefeated, which is forward progress vs what we had with Warburton and even Murty lost a number of his games in charge. He has had 3 games in charge - Accies, Motherwell and Killie - none of which are any great shakes but ALL of which have given this team issues this season. We have been a bombscare at the back and yet since PC has come in we have lost 1 goal in 3 games and have looked far more solid at the back than we have pretty much all season long. But, yes, we are going backwards.

Some people are never pleased, as is their prerogative.

Me personally - am not making him out to be the messiah - but I am certainly pragmatic enough to know that 3 games is not even close to being enough time to work with players to be proven a dud or not. I use it as an example often..... Where would Man U be right now if they had ditched Fergie instead of sticking by him ? They were a train wreck when he came in and they persevered for a few years before they saw success with him. They certainly didn't, after 3 games at the helm, go "thanks, but you really aren't good enough".

I maintain it is absolutely ridiculous to be suggesting he isn't good enough after 3 games. You wont convince me otherwise.

Edited by craig

Up until now you've seen nothing of PC at all.