Reserves win 2-0 v Hearts

Goals from Little and 16 year odl Archie Campbell.

The real reason I'm posting this though is that that a Smith was named in the starting line up and I wondered if it's Stevie?

Anyone know?

Report is on the official site.

Goals from Little and 16 year odl Archie Campbell.

The real reason I'm posting this though is that that a Smith was named in the starting line up and I wondered if it's Stevie?

Anyone know?

Report is on the official site.

I don't know who this Smith was, but Stevie Smith is back in training and will play in the next reserve game and he is hoping to be back in the first team very shortly

I think Steven Smith had been hoping to play today but I guess he wasn't risked. He isn't far off playing again though.

I'd forgotten all about N'Diaye. Another guy we signed but never really gave him much of a chance. I guess he'll be off in the summer.

Dunno why it was classed as Reserves. It was the Under-19's with N'Diaye.

This is what I don't understand. We have Sebo lacking in confidence and sharpness and yet he's not playing in the reserves where he could score a few, sharpen up and become confident.

Same goes for the likes of Svensson, Sionko, Papac etc.

In fact barring injuries our reserve team should be something like:

Klos

Lowing Svensson Papac/Webster Smith/Murray

Sionko Rae Furman N'Daiye

Sebo Buffel

We have an under 21 and under 19 league for the younger ones and if we want to bring them up a level then isn't is better to take just a few and play them with experienced players to learn from them?

There is something wrong with the thinking there and it's no wonder our foreigners don't settle when they don't get a chance to play a proper game.

This is what I don't understand. We have Sebo lacking in confidence and sharpness and yet he's not playing in the reserves where he could score a few, sharpen up and become confident.

Same goes for the likes of Svensson, Sionko, Papac etc.

In fact barring injuries our reserve team should be something like:

Klos

Lowing Svensson Papac/Webster Smith/Murray

Sionko Rae Furman N'Daiye

Sebo Buffel

We have an under 21 and under 19 league for the younger ones and if we want to bring them up a level then isn't is better to take just a few and play them with experienced players to learn from them?

There is something wrong with the thinking there and it's no wonder our foreigners don't settle when they don't get a chance to play a proper game.

Couldnt agree more mate, the reserve team is an ideal opportunity to get these guys some match practice and fitness meaning when we do have to call on them they are in a lot better condition.