Aberdeen 0 - 3 Rangers (Miller 79, 81; Dodoo 83)

Better team by far but just can't convert our chances whilst our decision-making in dangerous areas is also poor.

Working very hard though and, so far at least, our defensive organisation has been good.

It is highly relevant to me and 100% so to my post. I don't want to see any players feign injury, as I find it despicable. When it's a Ranger who does it, then it makes me incredibly sad and ashamed.

If you are saying it makes it irrelevant as to whether is should have been a red card or not then that's another matter and not what I was writing about. I wrote about pretending he'd been hit hard when he was 'barely touched' - so it wasn't just relevant, it was my whole point.

It's irrelevant to the fact whether the Aberdeen player barely or forcible contacted him, there was contact, it either a yellow or a red he got a yellow, i'm not saying your post is irrelevant, it's valid in the point about Garner, but not imo about the force of the contact.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Garner goes down easily, but what striker doesn't nowadays. The chests bump together then the Aberdeen player goes in with the head; it's not a hard contact but there is contact and there is intent. If it was the other way around it would've been.

The worry that we'd be outnumbered in midfield has not materialised; It's 4-3-3 in attack, but without the ball it's 4-1-4-1, with Holt and Toral doing a good job covering the wide men.

It sort of sums up our season. Defensively we're shaky at times -- mostly from the expectation from past performances I suspect -- but have dealt with them well -- certainly an improvement since PC arrived IMO -- but up front we can't seem to hit the bloody target: Two sitters! Garner's done well with the first touch but should score with the second, and then Waghorn's chance is easier to score than miss! Waghorn also having a tame shot when the pass wide, and in behind, would create a very dangerous chance. We can't afford to pass these up.

There is a weakness about the side. In the past tight games we'd nick; now, tight games we will lose. We need to take our chances.

Edited by Rousseau

Typical performance so far, some dodgy defending, missed two good chances, let's hope somebody in a blue shirt can score.

I think we have defended well, not under much pressure to be fair

Solid performance thus far, with each and everyone doing their duty. Impressed by Beerman and Bates, who seem to have risen to the challenge ... though either is well protected by the good working team ahead of them. Holt is doing most of the defensive stuff, giving Hyndman and Toral (who has been targeted numerous times) some freedom to work the ball about.

You start cursing our luck in front of goal ...

Shaky start, Toral and Holt have stood up to it, came into the game and created a couple of good opportunities. We failed to take them, the story of the last eighteen months. The Dons main threat is the direct ball into our box, particularly corners.

Reference Garner, I thought he let himself and the team down. However, BBC Scotland's take is as expected. Wullie Miller reckons Garner could be off at least twice. Richard Gordon has stated, "Garner is cheating". Contrast and compare with Sky's take; the referee did well, Neil McCann highlights Ryan Jack pushing his head into Garner's face, and Boyd points out Ash Taylor's challenge is worse.

I would sub Garner at half time, we need to keep eleven on the pitch.