Amy MacDonald EPL-predictions and here upbringing as a Bearette

Premier League predictions: Lawro v singer Amy Macdonald

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League fixtures is singer-songwriter Amy Macdonald.

Macdonald has been a fan of Scottish Premiership side Rangers since she went to watch them for the first time, aged 10.

"It was Walter Smith's testimonial match at Ibrox against Liverpool in 1998," she told BBC Sport. "Rangers won 1-0 and from that moment I was pretty hooked.

"I was a bit of a tomboy at school. I loved to sit with the boys and discuss football and I was always a bit of a statto - I knew everything that was going on with every team.

"Growing up in Glasgow, it is such a massive footballing city that it is hard not to be involved in that. I don't know anybody who is not interested in football - everyone has got an opinion."

_95474418_amymacdonald.jpg

Macdonald's fourth album, Under Stars, was released in February and she is currently touring the UK. "I don't have much time to go to Rangers games because I am constantly on the road and my diary is full until next year," she says. "But it is great being on tour because there are are a lot of us who follow football - my manager is a Huddersfield fan, some of the crew support Manchester United and my drummer supports Spurs, so there is a really diverse mix.​

Macdonald, who is engaged to St Johnstone right-back Richard Foster, has experienced good and bad times as a Rangers supporter, with the club now back in the Scottish top flight after being liquidated and placed in Division Three in 2012.

"It has been a crazy few years," she explained. "When I first became a fan and started to get really into football it was the Dick Advocaat era and at that point there were so many amazing players that were signed.

"There were people like Lorenzo Amoruso, who became cult heroes at Rangers. Someone like him would be my ultimate favourite, but there were so many incredible players in the team that it was an absolute pleasure to be a fan back then.

"Obviously everything that has happened since then has proved that being a football fan is a massive roller-coaster and you have incredible highs and terrible lows, which has happened over the past few years.

"I think a lot of fans were glad when Rangers got back in the top division but I still think there is a long way to go to get the team back to where they were and back to where a lot of the fans expect them to be."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39504741​

As per usual, those sickos at the BBC had to write about "the club ... after being liquidated". Scum, and they know they are.

Edited by der Berliner

Macdonald has been a fan of Scottish Premiership side Rangers since she went to watch them for the first time, aged 10.

Contradicted themselves though.

As for Amy McDonald - never heard of her.

Contradicted themselves though.

As for Amy McDonald - never heard of her.

I am afraid that lies more with you than her Gribz as she is a world star. I believe her last album sold well worldwide.

I am afraid that lies more with you than her Gribz as she is a world star. I believe her last album sold well worldwide.

Yes, very well know worldwide and an excellent artist! As for the BBC it's just sickening that they continue to peddle their deliberatly misleading lies!

Edited by cooponthewing

Very brave of Amy to come out and say she is a Gers supporter and keep on saying it despite vile on-line abuse and people refusing to buy her music because of it.

Genuinely don't think Amy McDonald gives a damn about the pondlife in this country who would refuse to buy her music because she's a Rangers supporter.

She's far too talented to be concerned by them