Scott Brown red card appeal - hypocrisy

The yahoos have fired in an appeal for Brown;s red card and the SFA say that due to the Easter holiday they won't have the required 5 days to hear it until April 27th. Four working says this week, as it were.

Except that:

"In August 2013, Scotland's deadline was set two days before the majority of other European nations despite a recommendation from UEFA, with the Scottish FA stating: "Saturday is a normal working day for us." Which means the 5 days would be up. Either they are lying today or they were lying then.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/302970-scottish-transfer-window-extended-into-february-by-sfa-and-spfl/

Take Kenny Miller's red card several years past against Dundee United on a Wednesday evening at Ibrox. Rangers appealed on the Thursday morning, the appeal panel met on Friday afternoon, and Kenny remained suspended for the Saturday game against ..................... ra Sellik.

Schalk's dive was cynical, Sellik's decision to appeal is as cynical. You know, all those principled Journos imbued by the drumming spirit of sporting integrity, will say NOTHING. They will continue to suckle on Peter's cock.

Take Kenny Miller's red card several years past against Dundee United on a Wednesday evening at Ibrox. Rangers appealed on the Thursday morning, the appeal panel met on Friday afternoon, and Kenny remained suspended for the Saturday game against ..................... ra Sellik.

Schalk's dive was cynical, Sellik's decision to appeal is as cynical. You know, all those principled Journos imbued by the drumming spirit of sporting integrity, will say NOTHING. They will continue to suckle on Peter's cock.

Rasellik has faces, public, and, by extension, private, which one would never tire of hitting. (To borrow a sentiment.)

Edited by Uilleam

The yahoos have fired in an appeal for Brown;s red card and the SFA say that due to the Easter holiday they won't have the required 5 days to hear it until April 27th. Four working says this week, as it were.

Except that:

"In August 2013, Scotland's deadline was set two days before the majority of other European nations despite a recommendation from UEFA, with the Scottish FA stating: "Saturday is a normal working day for us." Which means the 5 days would be up. Either they are lying today or they were lying then.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/celtic/302970-scottish-transfer-window-extended-into-february-by-sfa-and-spfl/

So because the office is shut the appeal that would be turned down can't be so he plays?

I know I am looking out for my team's interests but surely this appeal system should be looked at, it's just too easy to say oh we have a big game next so we'll appeal. We have also done this and it's there for everyone but there should be tighter conditions , for instance you can't appeal a yellow card, it all is in each ones merits, many yellow have slipped by which have gone against us re suspensions. I thought there was some rule where you could appeal violent conduct but not certain other red card offences, maybe foul and abusive language was one.

Why not introduce a double red card for a particularly bad tackle/ foul like today or violent conduct which can't be appealed against? The system is too open to bending.

Edited by scotjo

Knew the B******S would do this probably went in before the final whistle.

Isnt their problem though. You want to call anyone bastards start with the SFA who set the rules and allow them to be manipulated.

Well, they will point at Kiernan's red card appeal recently, which was thrown out instantly when heard - which everyone was in the clear about. So we kept him clear for the next game? Anyway, that card was at least worthy of dispute, Brown's sure isn't. But integrity is not something they have in abundance.

As I said elsewhere, if he's in there, the Yahoos will have a decent football less on the park. One can but hope that the ref on Sunday has balls as big as the ref had today.

Edited by der Berliner

A couple of points.

1 - although his tackle today was worthy of a straight red, he's been let off with a hell of a lot worse. I was astonished with the card. But that's more out of incompetence of our refs.

2 - I don't want him banned for the cup semi, I'd hate them to have any excuses.....