The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

BTW, a few murmurs over on FF that Naismith is in advanced talks.

According to our dinner informant, Naismith is on £55,000/week at Norwich and "prepared to come down to £15,000" to sign for us.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

A few quotes from Barrie himself now ...

Mark Warburton is believed to be keeping close tabs on Rangers winger Barrie McKay, who has just a year left to run on his contract at Ibrox.

The 22-year-old rejected the chance to extend his Gers contract in February and, despite his insistence that he wants to remain at the club, talks have yet to continue over extending his deal.

Warburton was McKay's manager during his spell in Scotland and now the Daily Mail reports that the Reds supremo is keeping tabs on the man who scored the winner against Hearts on Saturday, having made his return to the side.

McKay, who was linked with a £6 million move to RB Leipzig in January, admitted he wants to hear from the club and chairman Davie King.

But nothing has yet materialised and that could open up the door for Warburton to clinch his signature.

"My agent spoke to the club a while ago, but they haven't come back to us," admitted the winger after guiding his side to success over Hearts. "It's up to them now."

McKay has been restored to Pedro Caixinha's side in recent weeks, scoring late on at Partick Thistle last weekend before ex-Red Joe Garner popped up to bag the winner in stoppage time.

"When they first spoke to my agent, the previous manager (Mark Warburton) was still here and when they sent an offer the new manager had come in," said the Scottish international.

"Since we got back to them, nothing's happened.

"This is where I want to stay. Despite having ups and downs, I've enjoyed every minute at Rangers.

"I've read stuff saying because I've not signed I must want away. It's not like that, but the fans might read it like that.

"It's important they know the truth. I'm not in a rush to go anywhere. It's not as if I want out. I want to play here.

"Until anyone tells me different, I'll be a Rangers player."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/8203-rangers-winger-barrie-mckay-a-target-for-nottingham-forest-boss-mark-warburton-say-reports/story-30332769-detail/story.html

I'll be disappointed if we lose McKay to Nottingham Forest and Warburton. He is our only player with a bit of class despite being inconsistent.

If he really wanted to stay, he'd have signed a longer than 18 month contract last time.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

If he really wanted to stay, he'd have signed a longer than 18 month contract last time.

I wouldn't mind so much if he signed for a top EPL side for a shed load of money but that is not going to happen.

Pedro Caixinha holds Rangers signing talks with Hearts ace Alexandros Tziolis in aftermath of Ibrox victory

Gers boss discusses details of a move to Govan with former Greek international as he looks to be reunited with the player he worked with at Panathinaikos.

Pedro Caixinha has invited Hearts midfielder Alexandros Tziolis to be part of his Rangers revamp next season.

Record Sport understands the Gers boss pulled the Greek international into his office after Saturday’s 2-1 win at Ibrox and discussed the details of a move which would see the pair reunited after a spell working together at Panathinaikos.

Caixinha has assembled a list of signing targets which also includes Ghana defender Rashid Sumaila but that deal looks in serious doubt after the Light Blues were told the player would command a sizeable transfer fee.

Tziolis fits the bill, however, as he’s available for free this summer when his current six-month deal with Hearts ends.

The 31-year-old would add some steel to a Rangers midfield which has been criticised for being lightweight and lacking defensive steel.

Tziolis was part of Greece’s disastrous Euro 2016 qualifying campaign and arrived at Tynecastle on a six-month deal in January after being freed by PAOK Salonica and worked under Caixinha who was assistant boss at Panathinaikos during 2007-08 season.

It has emerged that Ibrox chiefs will have to fork-out a hefty transfer fee to land the 24-year-old after his Kuwaiti club claimed the centre-back is under contract for the next three years until 2020.

Caixinha admitted last week that he was monitoring Sumaila, who he had on loan at his former club in Qatar, Al-Gharafa.

The defender was expected to be available on a free transfer with his deal at current club Qadsia SC expired.

But the Kuwati club are adamant that is NOT the case.

In a statement, they have claimed that Sumalia actually signed a new contract until 2020 just before he went on loan to Qatar and would cost a sizeable transfer fee for them to sell.

Qadsia SC stated: “Prior to Rashid Sumalia joining Al-Gharafa on loan, he extended his contract until the year 2020.

“So far we have had no request from Al-Gharafa to take him back on loan again.

“We allowed the player to go on loan to Qatar to help with his development and he is an important player for us in our future plans.”

Rangers need to be astute with finances as Caixinha looks to make a series of additions to his squad and this development from the Middle East will be classed is a disappointing setback.

Caixinha has also linked with his former players at Santos Laguna, right back Jose Abella and central defender Carlos Izquierdoz, as he starts his rebuilding process for next season.

Izquideroz, however, has stated that he is happy at current club Santos Laguna and the Portuguse coach may also have to fork out if he wants to land countryman Bruno Alves from Cagliari.

The 35-year-old is aware of Rangers’ moves and said: “If Caixinha is interested in me, it’s good news because every Portuguese coach knows about my work.

“I have never played in the UK before, but it seems like an incredible atmosphere to play your football.”

However, Alves still has one year left on his Cagliari contract.

His representatives will meet with officials of the Italian club this week to discover if he is wanted and, if he is, Rangers will need to fund any deal.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pedro-caixinha-holds-rangers-signing-10424049

First time I read that Sumaila might still be on contract. Lot of things "heard" and "understood" by the DR again, and a nice "reminder" that even WE have to pay the odd transfer fee. Who would have expected that. Alas, it seems that WE, as opposed to any other Premiership team bar the Scum these last 4 years will actually have money to be spent on transfers.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pedro-caixinha-holds-rangers-signing-10424049

First time I read that Sumaila might still be on contract. Lot of things "heard" and "understood" by the DR again, and a nice "reminder" that even WE have to pay the odd transfer fee. Who would have expected that. Alas, it seems that WE, as opposed to any other Premiership team bar the Scum these last 4 years will actually have money to be spent on transfers.

Sumaila has played 6 games for Ghana since 2011. Not sure when his last one was, but I don't think it was recently. As much as his youtube compiliations might whet the appetite of some, I think we would struggle to get him a work permit.

I'm filing this one under "highly speculative"