The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

The rumour told to me earlier this week wasn't that he wants to be DOF but that he's acting as Director of Football in the absence of one. Whether that's through choice or necessity wasn't made clear. The same person told me the Park family are financially keeping the whole show on the road currently as no one else is investing. He maybe deluded too of course.

Thats exactly what was doing the rounds midweek in the chairmans club

If others are happy with the state of the club, the board's performance overall, the management team, and our players then that is their right to live in what must be a beautiful wee bubble.

I have so much love and ambition for our club that I refuse to be satisfied with second best or excuses about why we are third best in a two team league, why we settle for an unknown manager with a poor CV, or that we should be content with mediocrity just because we were bought by a (do I really need to say alleged here?) fraudster and then signed up to a terrible commercial deal by our new owners after they got control.

I support the team and attend just about every game (and have done for 30 years home away and abroad) and it breaks my heart to see such a poor selection of players wearing our famous jerseys. I signed up to the RST at the outset, signed up to RF, have continued both my monthly contributions to C1872, have worked with the club on a working group committee to try to help where I could. I am secretary of the RSC I have been a member of for nearly 30 years and put in plenty of work for them and also use another RSC for home games.

I think that gives me the right to vent on a messageboard when the standards I want and expect from our club are not met. I dont ever claim to be right, just voicing my opinion and I respect the other guys on here (mostly!) that offer different opinions as long as we are all supporting the same club, which thankfully on Gersnet seems to be the case.

I would probably be on Gersnet a lot more if things were better and we had a lot of positives to discuss, it would certainly be more fun, but we are where we are and I make no apologies if my sometimes negativity is in keeping with our reality.

Well, for what it is worth, I bought my Eurojackpot ticket for tonight's draw, 41m are on offer. Anyone keeping their fingers crossed is welcomed.

Now, perhaps we talk DoFs, board members and their respective involvement in another thread, so it ain't drowned by all the speculation coming our way?

Well, for what it is worth, I bought my Eurojackpot ticket for tonight's draw, 41m are on offer. Anyone keeping their fingers crossed is welcomed.

Now, perhaps we talk DoFs, board members and their respective involvement in another thread, so it ain't drowned by all the speculation coming our way?

i love your periodic posts about winning the Euromillions dB, I have the same daydream from time to time.

i love your periodic posts about winning the Euromillions dB, I have the same daydream from time to time.

Well, I always remember the video of the Leeds games, Battle of Britain, back from the 92/93 season. Asked about the goal he scored in Leeds, Hateley replied: "If you don't buy a ticket, you don't win the raffle!"

That aside, while state lottery is called the "Idiot's tax", at least part of the money goes to charities and the like, so ain't wasted straight away.

If others are happy with the state of the club, the board's performance overall, the management team, and our players then that is their right to live in what must be a beautiful wee bubble.

I have so much love and ambition for our club that I refuse to be satisfied with second best or excuses about why we are third best in a two team league, why we settle for an unknown manager with a poor CV, or that we should be content with mediocrity just because we were bought by a (do I really need to say alleged here?) fraudster and then signed up to a terrible commercial deal by our new owners after they got control.

I support the team and attend just about every game (and have done for 30 years home away and abroad) and it breaks my heart to see such a poor selection of players wearing our famous jerseys. I signed up to the RST at the outset, signed up to RF, have continued both my monthly contributions to C1872, have worked with the club on a working group committee to try to help where I could. I am secretary of the RSC I have been a member of for nearly 30 years and put in plenty of work for them and also use another RSC for home games.

I think that gives me the right to vent on a messageboard when the standards I want and expect from our club are not met. I dont ever claim to be right, just voicing my opinion and I respect the other guys on here (mostly!) that offer different opinions as long as we are all supporting the same club, which thankfully on Gersnet seems to be the case.

I would probably be on Gersnet a lot more if things were better and we had a lot of positives to discuss, it would certainly be more fun, but we are where we are and I make no apologies if my sometimes negativity is in keeping with our reality.

The management team have done a fantastic job so far anyone who knows about football and our current situation knows that. Would also say that your history with the RST and the RSC is evidence of you not understanding the wants of the Rangers support as a whole , probably why the direction and product of the board seems so alien to you. Here's hoping it remains that way as if the board start copying the RST and it thinking on the way forward the club could find itself as alienated from the support as the RST etc

Edited by trublusince1982

The rumour told to me earlier this week wasn't that he wants to be DOF but that he's acting as Director of Football in the absence of one. Whether that's through choice or necessity wasn't made clear. The same person told me the Park family are financially keeping the whole show on the road currently as no one else is investing. He maybe deluded too of course.

Holding the fort whist waiting for someone to arrive is a bit different from "wants to be DoF."

Given that the Parks are by far and away the wealthiest of our current crop of investors it would be no surprise that they are our de facto bankers.

Edited by forlanssister

Euromillions is £92m tonight.