The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

So, in summary :

Signed :

Bruno Alves

Ryan Jack

On the way :

Pena

Looks to me like Pedro is looking at the spine of the team and strengthening where we undoubtedly need it.

Bruno Alves - a commanding CB. A position we absolutely needed to strengthen. Twilight of his career but, unless his level falls off a cliff, more than good enough for this league

Ryan Jack - Ball winner in midfield. Another position we absolutely needed to strengthen, although it will be interesting if/when Kranjcar and Rossiter are fit who will play the midfield berths. Decent Scottish pro who was the 2nd placed teams captain last year.

Pena - creativity in midfield with a decent enough goal scoring record too. We lack creativity in my opinion so if he and/or Kranjcar can get and stay fit then we should be able to create more chances this season.

Herrera (if he comes) - we are crying out for a goalscorer - 3 goals in 9 games for Mexico doesn't tell you anything. But in his club career he has scored 47 goals in 173 games - which is a goal every 4 games. Not exactly stellar - but likewise, I have no idea how difficult the Mexican league is for goalscoring and whether the SPFL will be easier. This guy would be great at set pieces though given he is 6 ft 5 !!

I like the look of the business we seem to be doing - and the positions Pedro is filling are the ones most of us would agree needed strengthened

So, in summary :

Signed :

Bruno Alves

Ryan Jack

On the way :

Pena

Looks to me like Pedro is looking at the spine of the team and strengthening where we undoubtedly need it.

Bruno Alves - a commanding CB. A position we absolutely needed to strengthen. Twilight of his career but, unless his level falls off a cliff, more than good enough for this league

Ryan Jack - Ball winner in midfield. Another position we absolutely needed to strengthen, although it will be interesting if/when Kranjcar and Rossiter are fit who will play the midfield berths. Decent Scottish pro who was the 2nd placed teams captain last year.

Pena - creativity in midfield with a decent enough goal scoring record too. We lack creativity in my opinion so if he and/or Kranjcar can get and stay fit then we should be able to create more chances this season.

Herrera (if he comes) - we are crying out for a goalscorer - 3 goals in 9 games for Mexico doesn't tell you anything. But in his club career he has scored 47 goals in 173 games - which is a goal every 4 games. Not exactly stellar - but likewise, I have no idea how difficult the Mexican league is for goalscoring and whether the SPFL will be easier. This guy would be great at set pieces though given he is 6 ft 5 !!

I like the look of the business we seem to be doing - and the positions Pedro is filling are the ones most of us would agree needed strengthened

Didn't realize the big striker was 6.5. Looking at the business so far, you are right, definitely strengthening the spine of the team, we don't look like we are going to be any pushovers either

I must have missed something. How many trophies have they picked up over the last 10 years?

Their own support are totally deluded. Saw one of them say this.

given that we have a very solid footing in the table now

What? Are they blind? They really think that's a long term position? They aren't noticing they're in the process of losing the core of their first 11 while Rangers build a team that will blow them out of the water? Their league cup win while we were out of the SPL was their first trophy in 19 years so it's decades since they were last winning trophies. I can see them struggling to get into a Euro spot this season.