The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Well, 500k, I hope ...

Hull City are reportedly keen on Rangers midfielder Josh Windass amid speculation he could be allowed to leave this summer.

The son of the Tigers legend Dean only made the move from Accrington Stanley to Ibrox 12 months ago but has struggled to make an impact in Scotland, scoring once in 27 appearances for the Gers.

The 23-year-old was signed by Mark Warburton, who has since been replaced as manager by Pedro Caixinha with the Portuguese keen to put his own stamp on the Rangers squad this summer.

According to HITC, Hull are now considering a bid for Windass to test the Light Blues' resolve to keep the youngster, who would likely prove a popular signing at the KCOM Stadium due to his family ties.

Several League One clubs have been credited with an interest but the chance to play in the Championship with Hull is likely to be a much bigger draw for Windass.

https://www.clubcall.com/hull-city/famous-name-linked-with-hull-switch-1853893.html

Rangers finding it hard to sign fullback, Caixinha going for his cousin instead, very ambitious move

Rangers keep on working to have one of the most interesting transfer windows in Europe. With five signings confirmed already, and two others pending medicals, Pedro Caixinha doesn’t seem to be stopping soon, as the club continue to be linked to several other players.

On Monday, Portuguese newspaper A Bola claim Caixinha is now after the left-back Miguel Layún for Rangers.

The Mexican would be a plan b because Caixinha’s priority, his former Santos Laguna player José Abella, has been too hard to sign.

So Layún, who’s in Porto’s transfer list for the summer, turns out to be an alternative. A Bola don’t mention the figures for a possible transfer, even though it’s known Porto are looking for a good price.

The 28-year-old was signed from Watford last summer for €6m, and the word in Portugal is that this is the minimum price for Porto to let him go now.

A Bola even reveals that Layún is Abella’s second cousin, so it’s all a family thing to strengthen the left-back problem at the Ibrox.

In reality though, it would be very hard for Caixinha to put a deal together to get Layún to Rangers.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/rangers-finding-hard-sign-fullback-caixinha-going-cousin-instead-ambitious-move/

Here's the lad at transfermarkt, not too bad given that he was not used that often:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/miguel-layun/profil/spieler/58576

If anything, it might be a loan-deal.

In any case, this Mexican playing in Spain, England and now at Porto (who know a good footballer) proves that there is talent to be unearthed over there. Let's hope we struck double-gold with our guys too.

I've come to Rangers to win titles, says Alfredo Morelos

The 20-year-old flew into Edinburgh Airport before travelling to Glasgow for talks.

Colombian striker Alfredo Morelos says he has arrived in Scotland to win titles as he looks to complete his move to Rangers from HJK Helsinki.

Morelos, who scored 21 goals in 25 appearances last season, flew into Scotland on Monday to secure a deal with Rangers and could become Pedro Caixinha's sixth summer signing.

Speaking at Edinburgh Airport, the 20-year-old said he has come to Rangers to win trophies and said he is looking forward to bringing success to the club.

He said: "It's going to be a wonderful experience to be here at Rangers so I'm really happy about it and also about fans welcoming me, sending me lots of support. I'm very happy to be here and to show everyone my scoring skills.

"I've been doing things right in the last few months and I come here to Rangers to contribute to the team, to the club and to win some titles which is really important for Rangers.

"I want to continue what I was doing for HJK Helsinki, scoring goals and to contribute to the team which is the most important thing. I'd like to send a special hug to all our supporters. I'll see you soon."

He added: "I know Rangers from the internet, their supporters, they're wonderful. Rangers are a big team here in Scotland."The Old Firm is just incredible, a different game with lots of emotions so I just hope to make things right as I've been doing lately and I hope the manager can count on me so I can play every game."

Morelos says he is excited to work with Rangers manager Pedro Caixihna if the deal can go through and says he styles himself and his style of play on fellow Colombian striker Radamel Falcao.

He said: "What I know (about Pedro) is that he was in Mexico so I'll be quite easy for me to work with him, to speak with him as I know he speaks Spanish as well as other mates in Rangers so that'll make it easier for me to adapt quickly to the team.

"Falcao is an amazing player. Falcao is scoring for the national team, for Monaco... he's an amazing person as well, humble... I hope I can play with him in the national team soon.

"I'm very young, I'm 20 years old so I just hope I can continue making progress here, scoring lots of goals, so I can be selected for my national team and play with Falcao, with James (Rodriguez), and with so many other important players."

Subject to a work permit and medical, Morelos will join Bruno Alves, Ryan Jack, Dacio, Fabio Cardoso and Daniel Candeias in the Rangers squad.

Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera are all poised to sign when work permits are secured.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1391026-i-ve-come-to-rangers-to-win-titles-says-alfredo-morelos/?utm_content=buffer848c8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

he styles himself and his style of play on fellow Colombian striker Radamel Falcao.

Excuse me folks' date=' I'll be a minute, I've just spunked my trews...[/quote']

I was on a dull conference call and took the opportunity to read the latest on Gersnet. Unfortunately I read this and burst out laughing. Caught! :-)