The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

... it is not what I see in McLean, but PC's opinion that matters. I would assume though that PC and the board will want to make sure that we do not end up with "too many" youngsters again in a season that will really matter, at home and abroad.

Barjonas will sure get his chance, yet, I think the idea of taking out our "development side" of the league "competition" and start this challenge thing with other British (and continental) sides will benefit all u20s players in a similar way as if they'd play first team footie. Thus, it will probaby be better than in years gone by pre admin.

King has previously stated that he expects to see a continuous stream of youth players entering the first team year on year or the youth system is a waste of time. It seemed pretty obvious by the way PC utilised youth while there was other first team options available that he fully intends on using them. Even if we don't use the youth players the squad is very heavy in British players with more than enough Scottish players to meet UEFA requirements. As you say it's down to pedro but I would be shocked if he drops from a spine of Alves Dorrans and Pena to Alves McLean Pena, it's just not even close to as rigid and experienced. Think Mclean has 4 goals and 3 assists in 38 games that's about roughly the same as Halliday if memory serves. Will be another player on £6k a week we can't move on. Got to be better available for the sort of money quoted.

King has previously stated that he expects to see a continuous stream of youth players entering the first team year on year or the youth system is a waste of time. It seemed pretty obvious by the way PC utilised youth while there was other first team options available that he fully intends on using them. Even if we don't use the youth players the squad is very heavy in British players with more than enough Scottish players to meet UEFA requirements. As you say it's down to pedro but I would be shocked if he drops from a spine of Alves Dorrans and Pena to Alves McLean Pena, it's just not even close to as rigid and experienced. Think Mclean has 4 goals and 3 assists in 38 games that's about roughly the same as Halliday if memory serves. Will be another player on £6k a week we can't move on. Got to be better available for the sort of money quoted.

We ran out of quality and solid players last season on a horrendous rate, be that because of injury or bad form. We ended up with three youngsters in defence, a toothless midfield and strikers who didn't know what a goal was. The youngsters were mostly utilized out of necessity and we had the academy to thank that they recruited Beerman and Bates last year, as they came in and made their mark.

One can never tell how the upcoming season will go and whether we'll saty injury free, but there are still question marks over the impact of Pena, whether Niko can get to full fitness and stay there, whether Windass will be here and become a more dangerous player, and so on. And as of now, we don't have Dorrans. Hayes cost the Scum 1.3m and had 2 years to run on his contract. McLean has one year to go and will not cost more.

We ran out of quality and solid players last season on a horrendous rate, be that because of injury or bad form. We ended up with three youngsters in defence, a toothless midfield and strikers who didn't know what a goal was. The youngsters were mostly utilized out of necessity and we had the academy to thank that they recruited Beerman and Bates last year, as they came in and made their mark.

One can never tell how the upcoming season will go and whether we'll saty injury free, but there are still question marks over the impact of Pena, whether Niko can get to full fitness and stay there, whether Windass will be here and become a more dangerous player, and so on. And as of now, we don't have Dorrans. Hayes cost the Scum 1.3m and had 2 years to run on his contract. McLean has one year to go and will not cost more.

Not so sure the necessity part is true. We had options from first team players we chose not to use them. People like hodson or Halliday can play left back he choose to go with beerman. We could have used keirnan at centre back but didn't . Think some of the injury claims where to save face for the players tbh. Don't think we will get McLean for less than they paid for Hayes either, if it is less it won't be by much. Haven't seen anything from McLean either on the park or in his stature to suggest he is a strong tackler

Think the difference with PC over MW is the fact his major signings are not a risk. Alves is great and so is Pena . They are light years ahead of what we have, personally don't have a single worry about Pena. To think we will have a player that people say has dropped form because he can't cement a place for Mexico anymore fills me with hope not despair. Our players can't even secure a spot for Scotland never mind Mexico . Kind of like saying a player has lost form so not playing for Holland or France regularly so we should worry?

Hopefully I'm worried about nothing as the McLean links aren't from any real sources really.

I'm quite happy to go on record that I'd like to see us signing Mclean, tbh I'd like to have seen us signing Stevie mallan from st Mirren too, but that ship has sailed.

Our history is littered with taking pretty mediocre guys from Scottish teams and turning them into players with heart, desire and no shortage of skill, and long may it continue. Obviously youth development is the priority, but we can't have all the best young uns.

Dons won't sell Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes has been given assurances Kenny McLean will NOT be sold to Rangers this summer

One of Del's stipulations to Pittodrie chiefs in snubbing a big-money move to Sunderland was he would NOT lose his best players

DEREK McINNES has been given assurances Kenny McLean will NOT be sold to Rangers in this transfer window.As SunSport exclusively revealed on April 27, Pedro Caixinha has placed the Aberdeen midfielder on his summer wish-list.

Gers opened talks in the last 24 hours and started negotiations at £500,000 for the Scotland man, who has a year left on his Pittodrie contract.

But we can reveal one of McInnes’s stipulations to Aberdeen chiefs in snubbing a big-money move to Sunderland was he would NOT lose his best players this summer.The Dons boss has also been given guarantees on how much money he has available spend to strengthen his own squad.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1194434/aberdeen-boss-derek-mcinnes-has-been-given-assurances-kenny-mclean-will-not-be-sold-to-rangers-this-summer/

Hayes is a better player than McLean though.

I don't see what McLean adds to us. Mediocre SPFL player. We need better.

I think we're playing mind games with them. And these people will take the bait very easily

Edited by RANGERRAB

Mark Warburton fails in bid to sign Rangers’ James Tavernier

Former Rangers manager Mark Warburton has been rebuffed by the Ibrox club after making a bid to take full back James Tavernier to Nottingham Forest.

Warburton, who recently signed Hibs striker Jason Cummings, brought Tavernier to Rangers two years ago from Wigan and he was a mainstay as they won the Championship.

It is understood that he is one of the players Rangers manager Paedro Caixinha wants to offload and Forest’s Championship rivals Preston North End were reportedly interested in him and colleague Rob Kiernan.A second bid from Forest is expected.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/mark-warburton-fails-in-bid-to-sign-rangers-james-tavernier-1-4485787