The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

This is a fair price , the options were he stays , doesn't play and we end up out of pocket approx. £400,000 in wages or sell him for approx. £700,000 and save the wagers and get a player in who will play , if there is a sell on all the better .

If we do well McKay then I'd expect Jamie Walker to arrive as a priority as well - if we can agree a deal with Hearts.

The respect fees for McKay and Dorrans should help us negotiate a sensible price there.

If we do well McKay then I'd expect Jamie Walker to arrive as a priority as well - if we can agree a deal with Hearts.

The respect fees for McKay and Dorrans should help us negotiate a sensible price there.

There is no rush for Walker , Hearts can play hardball but the closer it gets to the end of the window the worse for them

only if we know what the price really is

I've seen £750,000 for Dorrans

how will anyone know apart from 'Gers and Norwich

Can't believe we are letting a player of Barrie McKays potential leave for 750K. As much as McKay is hit or miss lately, there's an excellent player there and that figure is embarrassing for Rangers. If that was Celtic then they'd get +5 million for him. Infuriating

Wish we were...:eek:

BARGAIN BARRIE Rangers star Barrie McKay is heading for Nottingham Forest – with reports claiming he will cost Mark Warburton’s Championship side just £500,000

That's a ridiculous fee!!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1235482/rangers-barrie-mckay-nottingham-forest-reports-mark-warburton-cost/

Wish we were...:eek:

BARGAIN BARRIE Rangers star Barrie McKay is heading for Nottingham Forest – with reports claiming he will cost Mark Warburton’s Championship side just £500,000

That's a ridiculous fee!!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1235482/rangers-barrie-mckay-nottingham-forest-reports-mark-warburton-cost/

Scottish Sun........enough said

Edited by lenny3k

Twitter seems to think the fee for McKay is nearer £1.5m...

Isn't it funny how every fee we receive is low balled and every fee we've to pay is exaggerated? It's almost like the papers write their stories to appeal to the manky side of the game.

only if we know what the price really is

I've seen £750,000 for Dorrans

how will anyone know apart from 'Gers and Norwich

We never know exactly how much is paid for players, or how much is yet due as a result of additional clauses. And you know what .... we don't have to. We have a board which is responsible for that. It's their job to manage our finances and make the right decisions, and from what I can tell they seem to be doing a good job. I'm sure we're all happy with that because we have day jobs and I'd rather not have to worry about anything other than how our team performs on the pitch. That may be dangerous for people like me to have such an attitude, especially given the issues of the last few years. That's why I'm happy to pay into Club 1872, as I'm hoping that it's sizeable ownership can act as a check and balance against any future rogue actions. But let's not get into that again. Let's just look forward to a cracking game of football tonight, and a win!