The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Putting aside the other stuff, Naismith would be an improvement to our first XI, he'd be a regular starter for me. I don't know whether its necessarily addressing the real problem we have, but if he's available on a reasonable deal and wants to come, I'd be disappointed if we didn't go for him. And I'd be surprised if guys like Miller and some of the backroom staff haven't suggested his name to Pedro surely?

I'll be honest, I'm just being a realist. We need to challenge for the title this year and next and the next.... That should be our priority. Lofty ambition and long term aims are great, but I want to see us being really competitive and winning things domestically first and foremost.

I think he is miles ahead of what we have just now, even at his age.

It would be unfair to compare any of the younger strikers to him like Morelos, Hardie or Dodoo, but as far as the experienced forward players he is miles ahead of Miller, Waghorn, MOH and Forrester without seeing much of Herrera he is probably better than him as well going on transfer history, even from a attacking midfieldrs role he offers more than Windass and probably Kranjcar as well. One thing you notice about him when watching some of his goals is that he gets in to great positions and makes intelligent runs from deep, something I think we could do with, I will be honest, I think he would run amok up here.

He is a player I really liked the last time he was here, would fight for everything, I know a lot of folk still have issues with that interview, I think that needs to be put to one side, it was a bad time in our history and he needs to have the chance to redeem himself

Neismith is only 30. some are talking like he is 94. Strikers are normally at their peak between 26 to 32. The way some are talking over the social media you would think he will be taking to the field behind a zimmer frame.

Neismith is only 30. some are talking like he is 94. Strikers are normally at their peak between 26 to 32. The way some are talking over the social media you would think he will be taking to the field behind a zimmer frame.

Zlatan Ibrahimović is 35, not comparing, just saying......

Rooney is a shadow of himself at 31' date=' Michael Owen was done by about 27.[/quote']

Depends on how you look after yourself.

Miller may not be everyone's cup of tea but at 37 no one can deny he's fit; played in more games [47] than any other player last season; was second top goalscorer on 14 and had 8 assists to boot. Again not wanting to reignite the Miller debate, just giving an example. And at the other end of the pitch of course there was Davy Weir.

The Naismith thing is a no brainer for me. Guys like Griffiths couldn't cut it down south whereas only a few seasons ago before Everton got their cash injection he was one of their better players and at one point he was highlighted as the player that made them tic. So get him signed pronto. Same with Dorrans, they should stroll it up here