The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I wonder who starts these rumours, apparently someone 'ITK' (means 'in the know') on FF started it??? From what I gather that forum is infested with yahoos.

A convenient rumour started 1 week before the season kicks-off...???

If this turns out to Bullsh*t and neither Wallace or Miller leave the club then it will prove these ITK folk KFA (know f*ck all) and are simply out to cause upset at the club.

Things of course can change. It is possible we have talked to players they have told us about but the deal fell through.

From these clips I'm not really sure if Walker will be that great. His goals are tap-ins or penalties. Only good thing is his crossing, but there were usually 3-4 Hearts players in the box to aim at -- who gets into the box for us?

[tweet]890598389557186560[/tweet]

Edited by Rousseau

The guy who started it has been bang on time and time again. However recently it seems that he has been fed a lot of false info from his sources. Maybe we are now trying to stop information from leaking?

The best way to identify the leak is to feed different suspects with different false stories, and then see which ones come out. Classic counter intelligence tactic!

From these clips I'm not really sure if Walker will be that great. His goals are tap-ins or penalties. Only good thing is his crossing, but there were usually 3-4 Hearts players in the box to aim at -- who gets into the box for us?

[tweet]890598389557186560[/tweet]

I thought there were some cracking goals in there. He seems quick, aggressive, and has a brilliant touch. His movement and anticipation is also top notch from those clips. I've not watched out for him much, but there's definitely a player there.

Neither would I describe him as a "bombscare" (which is utterly stunning a comparison given the quality we have seen these last view years, e.g. Perry or Cribari ... and he ain't that woeful a defender anyway), nor does he deceive anyone, nor does he talk a lot ... after all, as an employee of our club he is obliged to answer the the club's reporters, isn't he? Dunno why people need the quarterly whipping boy and have fun bringing this "bombscare" stuff up? All about opinions, but this is a stranger one.

None of the ITK guys have said a word about Pandev thus far, BTW.

You take your benchmark from the wrong end of the scale.

Perhaps this explains why you spend all of your time excusing incompetence.

But then that is just conjecture . . .

I thought there were some cracking goals in there. He seems quick, aggressive, and has a brilliant touch. His movement and anticipation is also top notch from those clips. I've not watched out for him much, but there's definitely a player there.

Of course there were some good goals -- the free-kick in particular was pin-point -- but I just look at the majority of them and think, when does that situation arise with us? He's definitely got pace and aggression, which may be what we need.

He'd be a good option, but I'm wary of all the superlatives being thrown around. I think he's better, but were we not saying the same about MOH at the time?

You take your benchmark from the wrong end of the scale.

Perhaps this explains why you spend all of your time excusing incompetence.

But then that is just conjecture . . .

Instead of wasting much of my time to the above, I advice you to read this:

excuse (v.)

mid-13c., "attempt to clear (someone) from blame, find excuses for," from Old French escuser (12c., Modern French excuser) "apologize, make excuses; pardon, exonerate," from Latin excusare "excuse, apologize, make an excuse for, plead as an excuse; release from a charge; decline, refuse, excuse the refusal of" (source also of Spanish excusar, Italian scusare), from ex "out, away" (see ex-) + causa "accusation, legal action" (see cause (n.)).

Sense of "forgive, pardon, accept another's plea of excuse" is from early 14c. Meaning "to obtain exemption or release from an obligation or duty; beg to be excused" is from mid-14c. in English, as is the sense "defend (someone or something) as right." Sense of "serve as justification for" is from 1530s. Related: Excused; excusing. Excuse me as a mild apology or statement of polite disagreement is from c. 1600.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=excuse&allowed_in_frame=0

incompetence (n.)

1660s, "inadequacy;" 1716, "want of skill," from or modeled on French incompétence (16c.), from in- "not, opposite of, without" (see in- (1)) + compétence (see competence). Native formation incompetency is older (1610s).

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=incompetence&allowed_in_frame=0

... and finally:

respect (v.)

1540s, "to regard," from Middle French respecter "look back; respect; delay," from Latin respectere, frequentative of respicere "look back at, regard, consider," from re- "back" (see re-) + specere "look at" (from PIE root *spek- "to observe").

Meaning "treat with deferential regard or esteem" is from 1550s. Sense of "refrain from injuring" is from 1620s. Meaning "have reference to" is from 1560s. Related: Respected; respecting. To respect the person was "show undue bias toward (or against) based on regard for the outward circumstances of a person;" hence respecter of persons, usually with negative, from Acts x:34, in the 1611 translation.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=respect&allowed_in_frame=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect

Meanwhile, Ryan Tunnicliffe has joined Millwall.

The Lions made their sixth and seventh signings of the summer window in the shape of Jake Cooper from Reading yesterday, and most recently, Ryan Tunnicliffe from Fulham earlier today.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/millwall/15442266.Millwall_boss_on_adding_more_players_to_squad/

Edited by der Berliner