The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

WELSH WONDER Rangers set to tie up loan deal for Cardiff City star Declan John

SunSport understands the left-sided ace is close to putting pen to paper on a deal to join Gers until the end of the season

EXCLUSIVE

By Gareth Law

30th August 2017, 11:43 am

Updated: 30th August 2017, 11:46 am

ADD COMMENT RANGERS are trying to tie up a loan move for Cardiff’s Declan John.

SunSport understands the left-sided ace is close to putting pen to paper on a deal to join Gers until the end of the season.

Declan John in action for Cardiff City

ACTION IMAGES - REUTERS

Declan John in action for Cardiff City

Welsh cap John, 22, can play at full-back, on the wing and in a wingback role.

He has only played once for the Bluebirds since boss Neil Warnock took over last season.

John is in the final year of his contract, meaning Gers could try to make the deal permanent next summer if he impresses.

Clearly Gareth and the Sun have a different definition of what makes a player a star than most of us. Can they not just write Cardiff City player? Minor point, and I have never heard of the player so i'm not judging him, but the gutter journalism annoys.

That was fun to watch. What I noticed is that he is completely comfortable on either foot. In fact, I still don't know what's his stronger side.

Looked well offside for number 5 and maybe number 3 as well but that aside he appears to be fleet of foot and has a bag of tricks at his disposal plus can put them away with his head or either foot. Interesting.