The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

We were humped. There were plenty of reasons but the main one is Celtic were far better than us. How we rectify that problem would be a far more interesting debate and more in line with the topic of this thread.

I keep clicking on this thread thinking we are rumoured to be after another player!:)

Well, you can be helped ...

With the embers of the Jamie Walker saga still very much remaining alight, speculation has grown in the media amidst reports that on top of clinching the Hearts’ winger’s signature in January on a pre-contract, Rangers intend to secure Motherwell’s Louis Moult too.

The Steelmen’s star striker rejected a contract extension just like his potential future team mate did, and like Walker Rangers have been long-linked with his services, with a number of national publications recently claiming Steve Robinson’s marquee player will be similarly signing a pre-contract deal this coming winter for the switch to Ibrox next summer.

There is said to be significant competition for Moult’s signature though, with the likes of English cracks Blackburn, Millwall and Neil Lennon’s Hibs all mentioned as interested in acquiring him.

But if Rangers can beat all three of these to the contract and bring the protracted Jamie Walker to its desperately-needed conclusion as well, January’s transfer window could certainly start off with a bang for all those connected with Govan.

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2017/09/january-double-deal-rangers-linked-with.html

BTW, Moult is on 4 goals and 2 assists after 8 games. Methinks the Rangers Observer chaps shot that rumour down, while the Walker rumour will go on and on ...

Edited by der Berliner

Well, you can be helped ...

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2017/09/january-double-deal-rangers-linked-with.html

BTW, Moult is on 4 goals and 2 assists after 8 games. Methinks the Rangers Observer chaps shot that rumour down, while the Walker rumour will go on and on ...

I like how they suggest Hibs may beat us to his signature - there isn't anything about that Club that is better than anything at Rangers.

I think Moult would be a decent signing but, as has been said many times, it is very different playing and scoring for Motherwell and doing so for Rangers, especially when teams "park the bus".

I like how they suggest Hibs may beat us to his signature - there isn't anything about that Club that is better than anything at Rangers.

I think Moult would be a decent signing but, as has been said many times, it is very different playing and scoring for Motherwell and doing so for Rangers, especially when teams "park the bus".

this is the crux of the matter ......we need strikers who can find room quick enough against a packed defence.. Moult, like MOH, like Waggy and Garner will do great when there's open spaces on the break away.......Our ex's couldn't do it against 2 banks of four......can Moult ?........don'y know myself, not watched him a lot

While there will always be further thoughts on who or what should have been brought in during the window I think in general we have to be content with the business done. Our biggest gripe around here last season was a malfunctioning defence, a mushy midfield, and a forward line firing blanks.

Pedro has transformed the centre of the defence which looks infinitely more solid while stiffening the midfield with the arrival of Jack and acquired Morelos who is shaping up to be the 20+ goals striker we needed. The jury is still out on Herrera but hopefully he comes good too.

This was never going to be a one window job but I feel the window turned out about as well as we could have hoped for in the circumstances with all of our major concerns getting some attention. None of us thought at the end of last season there would be such a transformation or such an outlay. With that in mind it was a very good window.

this is the crux of the matter ......we need strikers who can find room quick enough against a packed defence.. Moult, like MOH, like Waggy and Garner will do great when there's open spaces on the break away.......Our ex's couldn't do it against 2 banks of four......can Moult ?........don'y know myself, not watched him a lot

Nicky Clark scored 41 goals for Queen of the South, then joined us and scored 32 less in the same league. Banging them in for a tin pot team is a very different proposition to playing for either of the old firm.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy