The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

... of course, we can let him go for 750k and insert a 25% (or the like) sell-on clause, which may well rake in more money later on.

Anyway, who knows how much truth there is in papers straight out of Nottingham's forests. Wouldn't be surprised if their sources are actually Scottish papers ...

BTW, it somehow escaped much attention (for one reason or another) ...

Nottingham Forest linked to former Birmingham City defender - along with Rangers

By Sarah_Clapson | Posted: June 30, 2017

Nottingham Forest boss Mark Warburton could reportedly face competition from former club Rangers after being linked to defender Emmanuel Mbende.

According to The Mirror, both clubs are keen on the ex-Birmingham City centre-back who is currently at German third division side Chemnitzer.

The 21-year-old came up through the ranks at Borussia Dortmund before joining the Blues as a free agent in September 2015 – having also had a trial spell at Derby County.

He was a regular for their under-21s side and was said to be close to breaking into the first-team squad under then-manager Gary Rowett last season.

But Mbende turned down the offer of a new deal at St Andrew's last summer and opted instead to return to Germany.

He made 17 appearances for Chemnitzer last term, 12 of them in the starting line-up – and now the former Cameroon Under-20 international has been linked with a return to the UK.

He is under contract until the end of next season and it is reported if he does make the switch back across the Channel, Birmingham would be due a sell-on fee.

When he left the Blues, the club said: "Should Mbende be sold by Chemnitzer FC in the future then Blues would be due a fee via a significant sell-on clause."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-linked-to-former-birmingham-city-defender-along-with-rangers/story-30417366-detail/story.html

Rangers and Nottingham Forest keen on Mbende

Rangers and Nottingham Forest are keeping an eye on young Chemnitzer FC centre-back Emmanuel Mbende, according to the Mirror.

The news outlet have claimed on their transfer blog (12.54pm) that the Ibrox giants and former manager Mark Warburton could be set for a transfer battle with both keen on the 21-year-old.

The youngster is of German nationality and was a product of the Borussia Dortmund youth system where he spent seven years between 2008 and 2015.

He departed his home country for England and Birmingham City upon leaving Dortmund, but he failed to make a single first team appearance before moving back to Germany with third tier side Chemnitzer.

Last season he ended up featuring in 17 matches in all competitions as his side finished in eighth place.

Mbende has now entered the final year of his contract and he may be tempted by a move away from Germany’s third tier.

Rangers have already been busy so far this summer, bringing in eight players including centre-back duo Fabio Cardoso and Bruno Alves.

Meanwhile, Forest will be looking to make some moves themselves following the takeover of Evangelos Marinakis with Jason Cummings from Hibernian the only incoming so far.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/06/rumour-mill/rangers-and-nottingham-forest-keen-on-mbende/

One year left of his contract over in Germany, wouldn't cost that much either. Chemnitzer FC plays in Bundesliga 3 and finished 8th out of 20 teams.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/emmanuel-mbende/profil/spieler/196646

I never thought I'd say this, but I don't think we need more defenders. I'm more than content with Wilson, Bates and Wilson the younger; with Cardoso and Alves, I think we're fine. We need more attacking players; strikers, wingers and attacking midfielders.

Edited by Rousseau

I never thought I'd say this, but I don't think we need more defenders. I'm more than content with Wilson, Bates and Wilson the younger; with Cardoso and Alves, I think we're fine. We need more attacking players; strikers, wingers and attacking midfielders.

Have to give PC credit, I agree with you - I think we were well short in defence last season. But Bates and Beerman have been good additions to the senior squad. I thought Hill deserved another year but with Alves and Cardoso its probably been justified. Wilson will be knocking on the door.

Numbers wise I think we are OK and until we assess the new signings I cant work out where we need to add. A right sided attacker maybe. A lot will depend on who departs. I hope we start to get the unwanted out the door sooner though.

Rangers meet Norwich's asking price for Graham Dorrans but still wait on talks

RANGERS have met Norwich’s asking price for Graham Dorrans - but are yet to be granted permission to speak to him.

Rangers have targeted the Scotland international as part of the Pedro Caixinha shake-up.The Portuguese has already had a busy summer having brought in eight players so far.

Caixinha has done deals for Bruno Alves, Ryan Jack, Fabio Cardoso, Daniel Candeias, Dalcio, Alfredo Morelos, Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera.Joe Garner and Andy Halliday have been moved on after Philippe Senderos and Clint Hill saw their contracts expire.

Harry Forrester and Rob Kiernan are also set to leave and there is interest in James Tavernier and Barrie McKay.But Caixinha wants to do deals for Dorrans and Hearts winger Jamie Walker.

The transfer window only officially opened yesterday and Rangers have stepped up their pursuit of Dorrans.Rangers made a £1.3m + add-ons bid at the start of last week and have now met Norwich’s £1.5m asking price.

However Norwich are yet to grant Rangers permission to talk to the 30-year-old, who is keen to make the move.Rangers hope to make a breakthrough this week but are still waiting to hear from the Norwich board.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/823752/Rangers-transfer-news-Graham-Dorrans-Norwich

and full back?

and full back?

Ideally, yes. However, I think we'll be stronger defensively, overall, having signed improvements at CB. I'd prefer to see us spend the money we have left on the attacking third.