The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Does that not mean it's a lot of crap?

It is sometimes quite "funny" when you know what sort of rubbish comes out of the Scottish paper HQs and then you read in e.g. in the DR that news emanate from ... say Spain ... that this or that player is linked. Only to find out that the Spaniards say that "sources in Scotland report" ...

HITC started as some of "rumour gatherer", but have for a while now started to spout their own stuff like: "Rangers should look at this or that player, because ..."

Still, they are usually the first who note rumours in other places and post them.

Elsewhere ...

West Brom & Brighton join Armstrong race

West Bromich Albion and Brighton & Hove Albion have been the latest two English Premier League sides credited with an interest in Celtic midfielder Stuart Armstrong. Southampton were yesterday revealed to be monitoring the player, thought to be worth £10million, who is out of contract at the end of this coming season. (Daily Record)

- Armstrong, like Dembele, will not be allowed to depart Celtic Park until after the club’s Champions League qualifiers. (Daily Mail)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-moussa-dembele-to-leave-celtic-rangers-eye-george-thomas-niall-mcginn-completes-korea-move-1-4494000

Maybe the Yahoos will be awash with cash (and can pay off their debts), but it looks like their side is being dismantled in a similar manner like Aberdeen, only on a different scale.

Edited by der Berliner

Can't believe we are letting a player of Barrie McKays potential leave for 750K. As much as McKay is hit or miss lately, there's an excellent player there and that figure is embarrassing for Rangers. If that was Celtic then they'd get +5 million for him. Infuriating

No they wouldn't. Who would Celtic sell him to for more? I'm sure if another club was interested, he'd be gone. He is a talented player, but hard work beats talent, unless talent works hard. He doesn't, and that's why he's ineffective despite his undoubted talent.

Can't believe we are letting a player of Barrie McKays potential leave for 750K. As much as McKay is hit or miss lately, there's an excellent player there and that figure is embarrassing for Rangers. If that was Celtic then they'd get +5 million for him. Infuriating

You dont let your player's get into the last year of their contracts , its not rocket science

You dont let your player's get into the last year of their contracts , its not rocket science

True enough, yet you need more than the club willing to sign a new deal. Don't know for how long Barrie has the offer on the table.

True enough, yet you need more than the club willing to sign a new deal. Don't know for how long Barrie has the offer on the table.

I read somewhere he was made on offer in Feb?

No they wouldn't. Who would Celtic sell him to for more? I'm sure if another club was interested, he'd be gone. He is a talented player, but hard work beats talent, unless talent works hard. He doesn't, and that's why he's ineffective despite his undoubted talent.

In one of the above comments it's quoted that Celtic are rumored to be getting 10 million for a player Celtic fans didn't particularly like a year ago in the last year of his contract. Is he 8-10 times the player of McKay? I'd rather we run down his contract for that money and lost him for nothing than sell him for 750K

In one of the above comments it's quoted that Celtic are rumored to be getting 10 million for a player Celtic fans didn't particularly like a year ago in the last year of his contract. Is he 8-10 times the player of McKay? I'd rather we run down his contract for that money and lost him for nothing than sell him for 750K

That's all paper talk so I wouldn't pay any attention to those numbers, but your assumption about values is wrong. A player that's worth 10m is not 10 times better than a player worth 1m. All they need to be is better enough to be worth paying that sort of money. Pogba isn't 11 times better than Kante, but he was worth that to United so they paid it. The horse that wins the national gets 16 times more than second place, even if it's the difference of a nose.

If McKay was worth 1m to any other team, they'd have bid that for him. If he was worth more than 750k to us, we wouldn't sell him. The simple fact is that he is a boy with tons of talent, but the wrong attitude. It's a shame, and as much as I'd like us to get 3m for him, there's no chance. I hope he manages to move on and learn to change his ways fast, but I doubt it unfortunately.

If McKay had the heart & desire to match his talent we would be getting a lot more for him, I'm not sure of the contract talks but all the words I hear is he wants away and has wanted away for a long time?, thing is if a player wants to move on then there is not a lot can be done to keep him!

Lots of paper talk involved here. Remember the "bidding war" for Dorrans and now it looks as if 750k were what it took to get him? Whatever we get for Barrie, a healthy sell-on clause should be put into the contract, no ifs and buts.

And, BTW, I do believe he'll go for an undisclosed fee ... which will only be revealed in next season's accounts.

A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay for him and in McKay's case there's not exactly a queue of clubs beating down our door with offers. If someone doesn't want to be here then I'd get rid of them, get some cash back and move on. Especially as he's in the last year of his contract - even if we played him there's no guarantee he'd lift his game to attract more offers and what happens if he does then signs a pre-contract in January? His form could dip and we end up with another (possibly disruptive) passenger.

I'm not sure how Pedro's reign will go, but I do like how he's going about his business - he seems to know his mind and is being very decisive.