The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

In my view what we had on Tuesday was a 4-2-3-1 and PN a 4-5-5-1 which meant Morelos was up against 3 defenders constantly. The wingers had Tav and Wallace in their back-pocket which virtually left the wings a no go area as we were set up for them bombing forward. That meant we had a very narrow 3 in the middle of the park

The 5 midfield defenders of PN just worked like an accordion moving from side to side with 3 men shutting down at all times and shut Kranjcar virtually out of the game. We were so static and so easy to defend against it was almost unbearable to watch. It was only really the last 10 minutes we looked like doing anything. Rossiter and Jack offered nothing going forward which left the 3 midfielders and Morelos up against 9 men. Playing 6 men in a defensive set-up (as Wallace and Tav were pushed back) meant we were toothless. Moving to a 3-5-2 may have offered more getting in amongst the back 5 of PN.

What also irritated me was the urgency shown in the final ten minutes when they actually began to look as if they might get something. That same urgency should have been on display from the opening minute.

Is it just me that is so totally deflated and disgusted with the Europa result that I cant even get excited about the signing of Dorrans?

Aye, I completely understand. We have to try to move on though. The only way I am coping right now is by convincing myself we wouldn't have beaten Limassol anyway and, probably, saved ourselves a hiding in the process.

9 points from the 1st 3 league games and things will shift a bit and the dark clouds will start to dissipate Davie :thup:

Is it just me that is so totally deflated and disgusted with the Europa result that I cant even get excited about the signing of Dorrans?

No, not just you. Let's hope Dorrans isn't feeling similarly.

I believe Graham Dorrans has signed a three year contract.

Should he be considered for Captaincy?

If we made a change to Captain then Alves would be my preferred choice.

Best case scenario is that this embarrassment serves as a kick in the posterior to get them into urgent mode from the start of a game not the last 10 minutes. Because the fact is good results and almost as importantly good performances are essential to get over this disaster and get this show back on the road.

If we made a change to Captain then Alves would be my preferred choice.

Me too. He's watching the game from the back seeing everything that's going on. Seeing who needs a kick up the backside to get them focused.

One of our more reliable ITK posters on FF, IanDurrant10 posted this a few hours back ...

Dorrans takes me to 5/5

So at this moment I'm quite chuffed as I've taken quite a bit of shit from some (joke!)

Absolutely buzzing to get Dorrans with more to come

Room for another 4 in the door as we shape for next season

This thread has legs in it yet, Portuguese ones!

Edited by der Berliner