The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Yes,Championship is way above our shit league,for goodness sake we still have Wilson & Dodoo,also players who might be here for the wages(Dalcio,Penna, etc.).

rangers 2 Sheffield Wednesday 0

Sunderland 0 Celtic 5

Yah Right!

He started today incidently

Mabie trying to put him in the shop window coz they got pumped by a poor villa

I don't think Naismith today is the player who left us in 2012 who went to Everton and performed well in the EPL.

Signing for Norwich wasn't the best decision he's ever made

I wouldn't read anything into pre-season friendly results

no but I would read into the fact that Garner and Waghorn for example are scoring for fun down there but struggled up here in the top division. McKay also has 2 goals in 3 league games in the english championship. Think it is hugely overrated myself.

no but I would read into the fact that Garner and Waghorn for example are scoring for fun down there but struggled up here in the top division. McKay also has 2 goals in 3 league games in the english championship. Think it is hugely overrated myself.

I'd suggest Garner & Waghorn for example are playing in more open games in the English Championship than the ones they played in up here where teams come to Ibrox & park the bus like hertz did yesterday

On a sidenote, was this bus-parking the case with the lesser teams in the 80s and 90s as well ... the day and age I had not much live league football from Scotland?
Rangers 0 hamilton 1 , was a masterclass in bus parking against a fantastic team

Bus parking is not new. Only the terminology is different.

In the bygone days of yore teams usually came to Ibrox to defend. That was a doctrine introduced to Scottish football by the managers of Kilmarnock and Dunfermline after a trip to Milan to study Inter's methods. So, against Rangers and to an extent against celtic, those teams played eight or nine defenders instead of the conventional five and as the text book of journalism says, hoped to "nick one on the break". Dunfermline won the cup. Kilmarnock won the league. Other clubs followed the example.

The difference between then and now is that the eight defenders had to defend against constant pressure and it was knife edge stuff. Watching, you felt a goal had to come. Against recent Rangers sides all a defence has to do is keep their ranks closed up. The pressure is not intense. Watching, you feel a goal will never come in a month of Sundays.

The two managers were of course Willie Waddell and Jock Stein.