The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I definitely feel he is getting FAR too much game time....Herrera or Hardie should be getting minutes under their belts. KM's experience is important, but I agree that he doesn't offer enough on the pitch during the game and PC should be reducing his game time in favour of those who have a longer term future.

And yet he has been a match winner on numerous occasions for us.

What is it they say about not appreciating what you have until it is gone ?

And yet he has been a match winner on numerous occasions for us.

What is it they say about not appreciating what you have until it is gone ?

Anyone can be a match winner....but there is simply not enough return from KM. He runs about, gives 100% each game...fair enough....but the ACTUAL effectiveness isn't there. His goal scoring record is poor & generally inconsistent.

Folk complained about Boyd, that his contribution to the team & general play wasn't good enough....but he scored goals - whats the difference??? there needs to be more of an end product from KM, otherwise he's taking a jersey that someone else could get & be more effective. For all KM's running around, how many assists does he get???

I think KM's best quality is leadership & was something that was lacking last season....but now we have several leaders on the park.

Anyone can be a match winner....but there is simply not enough return from KM. He runs about, gives 100% each game...fair enough....but the ACTUAL effectiveness isn't there. His goal scoring record is poor & generally inconsistent.

Folk complained about Boyd, that his contribution to the team & general play wasn't good enough....but he scored goals - whats the difference??? there needs to be more of an end product from KM, otherwise he's taking a jersey that someone else could get & be more effective. For all KM's running around, how many assists does he get???

I think KM's best quality is leadership & was something that was lacking last season....but now we have several leaders on the park.

Not many actually...here's how he compared to Wagner and Garner last season in all competitions.

Miller: App/+Sub 39+8, Goals 14, Assists 8.

Waghorn: 27+14, 16, 10.

Garner: 22+12, 10, 3.

Most assists last season came from McKay with just 12, the last of which came vs Hamilton (Pedro's first game in charge) where he assisted the 3rd and 4th goals before he was subbed.

Edit: Just checked - that was the 6-0 game when Murty was in charge.

Edited by Bearman

Not many actually...here's how he compared to Wagner and Garner last season in all competitions.

Miller: App/+Sub 39+8, Goals 14, Assists 8.

Waghorn: 27+14, 16, 10.

Garner: 22+12, 10, 3.

Most assists last season came from McKay with just 12, the last of which came vs Hamilton (Pedro's first game in charge) where he assisted the 3rd and 4th goals before he was subbed.

Edit: Just checked - that was the 6-0 game when Murty was in charge.

SO Waggy actually got more goals & assists than Miller.....but deemed a dud.

Miller puts a lot of effort in, but actually produces very little. However, I still say his 1 year extension was justified purely for his experience - helpful when you have so many new players coming in.

I like miller, he has ben a good servant to the club, however everyone is aware that he is consistently dropping deep and its isolating Morelos, im not sure if this is Pedro's tactics or if miller is taking this upon himself so that he can get more in to the game, in either case Pedro needs to cut it out, it needs to stop, Miller and Morelos can only play up front if miller is actually there, they looked good in the Dunfermline game when miller was more advanced, played well off each other.

I would drop him for a couple of games, he is looking increasingly frustrated and I don't think its is productive for the team.

Anyway, anyone heard anything about any more transfers :seal:

Pointless blaming Pedro for McKay he was going come hell or high water in any case, he spent most of last season simply trying to avoid getting injured.

According to McKay himself his first choice was to stay at Rangers.

And whilst many of us were sad to see him leave, this is the reality.

And Pedro gets it tight for "allowing" it to happen. That, as sure a sign as any, is that many people won't give Pedro any leeway whatsoever.

McKay's "I wasn't appreciated" statement was bullshit and, truth be told, no better that Whittaker and Naismith's "new club" statement. Very little between then when both were factually inaccurate. McKay wasn't trying a leg in the 2nd half of last season, and he can justify it whatever way he wants, but Rangers fans know.

Hang about Craig, "Rangers fans know", what the hell does that mean? And if anything underlines his feeling of not being appreciated it's some of the bullshit that's been written about him since he left. McKay was the most skilful and creative player, and the most saleable asset, we had, yet he was offered a new contract that was less than other players in the squad. Go figure. I've some insight into Barrie McKay and I can tell you his first choice was to remain at Rangers, but he knew his worth and he knew what others at the club were getting paid.

There's a strain of Scottish football supporter who thinks if a player doesn't make hard tackles, win headers and chase lost causes he's not trying. Bizarre.

I know we're not supposed to criticise the almighty Pedro, what with that wonderful pedigree he's got, his amazing start to management at Rangers and his inspired summer buys. Still, with all those really good wide players the club has just now I'm sure Pedro knows best.